It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:05 am

ColorPicker

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ColorPicker

Post by eclectic-tech »

"Disabled the zoom immediately!" :sly: ;-)

Thanks for the addition... "to zoom, or not to zoom?" that is the question... :???: :lol:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:"Disabled the zoom immediately!" :sly: ;-)

Thanks for the addition... "to zoom, or not to zoom?" that is the question... :???: :lol:
Guess it depends on how small the area you are trying to pick from is... ;-)
1.jpg
One thing I have found though, is that it is harder to move the cursor one single pixel than you might think it is. At least with my $19.95 old-school Logitech optical mouse.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Just a notice. If I hit the refresh button and then click on anywhere on the spectrum I get this:
FC.png
And everytime I click a color, the true value of it, will be set in the next click. So pretty much something is not updated as everything is one click back everytime.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote:Just a notice. If I hit the refresh button and then click on anywhere on the spectrum I get this:FC.png

And everytime I click a color, the true value of it, will be set in the next click. So pretty much something is not updated as everything is one click back everytime.
I can't replicate this. Sure you have the latest .rmskin from the first post in the thread and that you are running the latest beta 4.1 of Rainmeter?

What are the exact sequence of events that cause this?

Not sure it's related, but this won't work right with the eyedropper if you have the DPI "scaling" in Windows set to other than 100% (default) unless you do the following:
1.jpg
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote:I can't replicate this. Sure you have the latest .rmskin from the first post in the thread and that you are running the latest beta 4.1 of Rainmeter?
Turns out I had the previous beta version of this one... :S my bad.... It works fine with the absolute latest uploaded on the site at the moment.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Just a minor tweak to replace the "crosshair" Image meter with a Shape meter, eliminating a .png file in the skin.

New .rmskin in first post of thread.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Minor update to add a new feature...

The ColorPicker skin is a bit large, as it has a lot to display. Sometimes it can sorta get in the way if you want to keep it running while you do other things.

You can now middle-click anywhere on the ColorPicker skin to "minimize" it to a small meter located at the bottom left of your screen, just above the Windows Start button. Left-click this meter to restore the full ColorPicker skin.
1.jpg
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Minor tweak to do two things:

1) Set the Z-position of the skin to "on top". Again, you can middle-click to "minimize" the skin to the lower left of your screen.

2) Start the skin "centered" on your primary screen.

Also added some descriptions and explanations for the functions in HSBLib.Lua.

raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Hey, I really like what you have done here! It's really impressive. I'm going to make some tweaks to it and incorporate it into my suite to replace RainRGB.

I did find a bug, however. I have three monitors: One 4k in the middle, and a 1440p monitor on either side. The eyedropper tool does not work on my left monitor. I took a look at the code and saw that you positioned the overlay skin at 0,0, which puts it in the top-left of my middle (main) monitor. So it doesn't extend to the left at all.

Aside from this bug, it works perfectly! I'll be sure to post my revised version so people can play around with it if they want.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

raiguard wrote: April 4th, 2019, 9:11 pm Hey, I really like what you have done here! It's really impressive. I'm going to make some tweaks to it and incorporate it into my suite to replace RainRGB.

I did find a bug, however. I have three monitors: One 4k in the middle, and a 1440p monitor on either side. The eyedropper tool does not work on my left monitor. I took a look at the code and saw that you positioned the overlay skin at 0,0, which puts it in the top-left of my middle (main) monitor. So it doesn't extend to the left at all.

Aside from this bug, it works perfectly! I'll be sure to post my revised version so people can play around with it if they want.
Cool!

The only thing I would ask is that if you modify the HSBLib.lua library, you rename it before you distribute it, so we don't have a bunch of conflicting versions floating around.