Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=CAD
PlayerType=REPEAT

[MeasureShuffle]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying
PlayerName=CAD
PlayerType=SHUFFLE
Last edited by Brian on April 1st, 2019, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use [code] tags (see the </> button when posting).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: JRiver Media Center

Post by balala »

Although there is small mistake in the posted code, it does perfectly works.
The mistake is that the NowPlaying measures (although earlier NowPlaying was a plugin, a while ago it became internal measure - but this is not a problem, the codes using them as plugin still are working, especially for backward compatibility) should have to have a parent - child approach. This means that one of those measures has to be the parent measure and all others (which are called child measures) have to use it as parent. That's why you have to replace the PlayerName=CAD options of all measures, excepting one (which will be the parent, in this case for example [MeasureMediaPlayer]), with a reference to this parent measure (so with PlayerName=[MeasureMediaPlayer]):

Code: Select all

[MeasureMediaPlayer]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerName=CAD
PlayerType=FILE

[MeasureTrack]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerName=[MeasureMediaPlayer]
PlayerType=TITLE

[MeasureAlbum]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerType=ALBUM

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerType=ARTIST

[MeasureCover]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerType=COVER

[MeasureTimeDuration]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerType=DURATION

[MeasureTimePosition]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerType=POSITION

[MeasureTimeProgress]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerType=PROGRESS

[MeasureState]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerType=STATE

[MeasureRepeat]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerType=REPEAT

[MeasureShuffle]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerType=SHUFFLE
Here [MeasureMediaPlayer] is the parent (that's why it still has PlayerName=CAD), while all other measures are the child ones (having PlayerName=[MeasureMediaPlayer]).
Beside this, I also have rewrote the measure as NowPlaying measures, instead of Plugin measures.
First please make these changes and check the skin if it works. I don't think it will, because for me even the code posted by you works, but let's see if it does.

Additionally, what Rainmeter version are you using?
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

Sorry. Still no go. Rainmeter 4.3.0.3298 (64-bit).
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Balala says that NowPlaying works fine for him with JRiver Media Center version 25, and that's good enough for me. So it really has to be something on your end, and not an issue with Rainmeter or NowPlaying as such.

Are you sure your 30-day evaluation of JRiver Media Center hasn't run out or something? Does the application itself run ok on your system? Can you use it to play music? Are you sure it is running when you are using the skin in Rainmeter? Are you getting any errors in the About / Log? Are there any values returned for the measures in About / Skins?
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

I don't have a 30-day evaluation. I have been using JRiver for years. I also have used Rainmeter for years and NowPlaying has always worked. The day MC25 was released was the day NowPlaying stopped working. The application itself stopped working on that day. This applies to all NowPlaying skins. This is a real coincidence for it to be on my end on the day of the upgrade. No errors in the log. Thanks.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Gregory2001 wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 2:40 pm I don't have a 30-day evaluation. I have been using JRiver for years. I also have used Rainmeter for years and NowPlaying has always worked. The day MC25 was released was the day NowPlaying stopped working. The application itself stopped working on that day. This applies to all NowPlaying skins. This is a real coincidence for it to be on my end on the day of the upgrade. No errors in the log. Thanks.
I'd guess that your upgrade to version 25 of the application did not work properly in some fashion. Perhaps there is some missing or corrupted .dll file or who knows what. Here is the logic of the situation for me: It always worked for you with earlier versions of JRiver, and suddenly stopped working when you upgraded your system to version 25. Balala is running version 25 on his system, and it is still working fine for him. Balala is just not the sort of person who would say that without confirming it. The logic of this is inescapable. There is something wrong with the installation of the application on your system.

I'd be tempted to entirely uninstall JRiver Media Center, get the latest version 25 from them, and install it cleanly. Then test.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Do you use the 32bit or 64bit version of JRiver Media Center?
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

OK. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still no go. Using 64bit.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I really don't know what to tell you.

I just installed the 64bit version of JRiver Media Center, Got the Soita skin from https://www.deviantart.com/poiru/art/Soita-for-Rainmeter-209864541, changed the PlayerName to CAD in the parent measure, and it works fine for me.

1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ah, I see an issue. If you have a song playing in JRiver and then load the Soita skin, it doesn't work until you change songs in JRiver. It's not enough to refresh the skin, you have to cause JRiver to send out some kind of "I've changed" signal. Once it is working then it works fine, you can refresh the skin, unload and load the skin, change songs in the player, exit and restart JRiver, all works fine. You just can't seem to start JRiver and start playing a song before loading the skin, or it will not be properly seen until you "poke" JRiver in some way.

You can start JRiver before the skin, that's fine, when you load the skin and THEN start playing a song in JRiver, it's ok with that. It only seems to hate it if you start JRiver, start playing a song, then load the skin. It will ever see "that song".

That is a bit weird, and may in fact be due to some change in version 25 of JRiver, don't know, as I have never used the software before, and in a couple of minutes from now, when I can get to uninstalling it, I will never use it again either.