It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:30 am

Pendulum (Newton's cradle)

Clocks and timer skins
qwerky

Re: Pendulum (Newton's cradle)

Post by qwerky »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 28th, 2019, 11:25 pm Yeah, we all need our rest periods, to recharge! :sly:

I was happy with simply changing the images: pool balls if I wanted numbers, or balala's original silver balls for the pendulum effect. :D
:thumbup: Yes, I too preferred the original silver balls with no numbers, or pool balls when numbers are wanted.
I am sure he will quickly get everything working in his skin. :thumbup:
Agreed! :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: March 28th, 2019, 10:07 pm Thanks! That one works well, sounds good, and is easily heard. :D
Ok, I'll replace the old wav file with this one, in next release I'll make soon. I'll fix the reported error, too.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:35 pm But I noticed that sometimes one of the numbers that are intended for the old-style balls, will appear on one of the new-style balls, or will appear on a single old-style ball (not all of them) when the old-style balls are not supposed to have time on them. Clicking the clock on/off seems to get rid of it.
eclectic-tech wrote: March 28th, 2019, 11:25 pm He is missing a conditional statement, but I am going to let him dig through his code; he added a lot of condition checks to achieve the added features, but they are more than I care to deal with :phhht
Here is the fix: replace the IfCondition option of [MeasureTime1Digit] measure with the following one: IfCondition=(((#UseBalls#=0)&&([#CURRENTSECTION#]=0)&&(#LeadingZeros#=0))||(#UseBalls#>=1)).
Please test and let me know if there still are issues. If are, I'll try to fix them too, otherwise I'll create the newer installer.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 28th, 2019, 11:25 pm Yeah, we all need our rest periods, to recharge! :sly:
:thumbup:
eclectic-tech wrote: March 28th, 2019, 11:25 pm I was happy with simply changing the images: pool balls if I wanted numbers, or balala's original silver balls for the pendulum effect. :D
qwerky wrote: March 29th, 2019, 1:40 am :thumbup: Yes, I too preferred the original silver balls with no numbers, or pool balls when numbers are wanted.
This is the purpose of the Settings skin: all settings can be made with this skin.
eclectic-tech wrote: March 28th, 2019, 11:25 pm I am sure he will quickly get everything working in his skin. :thumbup:
qwerky wrote: March 29th, 2019, 1:40 am Agreed! :D
Thanks for the trust. :great:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: March 29th, 2019, 4:57 pm Here is the fix: replace the IfCondition option of [MeasureTime1Digit] measure with the following one: IfCondition=(((#UseBalls#=0)&&([#CURRENTSECTION#]=0)&&(#LeadingZeros#=0))||(#UseBalls#>=1)).
Please test and let me know if there still are issues. If are, I'll try to fix them too, otherwise I'll create the newer installer.
That fixed the first digit display problem! Thanks :great:

You changed the digital clock/date background, but for me it does not cover the entire clock display which makes it difficult to see the digits when over a light colored background. You might want to expand the background shade to include the entire clock and date. (Size=600px)
pendclock.png
Thanks for all the changes, it is looking good! :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

qwerky wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:35 pmStill waiting for Yincognito to remove that "dot" at the bottom of the "6" and "9" balls--or perhaps he intends to leave them that way? :Whistle
eclectic-tech wrote: March 28th, 2019, 10:20 pmHere are modded 6 & 9 balls...
Sorry guys, I wasn't following this topic, since after talking in the other one (where balala mentioned his skin), I assumed everything was settled the desired way and those dots weren't a problem anymore. Glad you solved this eventually - the skin looks great, will give it a try tomorrow to see balala's new ActionTimer optimized version. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 29th, 2019, 10:23 pm That fixed the first digit display problem! Thanks :great:
eclectic-tech wrote: March 29th, 2019, 10:23 pm You changed the digital clock/date background, but for me it does not cover the entire clock display which makes it difficult to see the digits when over a light colored background. You might want to expand the background shade to include the entire clock and date. (Size=600px)
pendclock.png
Yep, right. This is the case if you enlarge the skin. Didn't check this either before posted the rewritten skin. Sorry, it seems I started to become lazy(?)...
Ok, I'll fix this too on the next release. Thanks for the observation.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 30th, 2019, 2:20 am the skin looks great, will give it a try tomorrow to see balala's new ActionTimer optimized version. :thumbup:
Ok, please do so and report any issue if there are any. Thanks.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 30th, 2019, 7:03 am Ok, please do so and report any issue if there are any. Thanks.
Tested the 2.0 version (after applying the IfCondition fix), and there is still a 1 on the first ball, when using the "old style" balls. This happens only if the time is set to the 24h format, apparently, and the issue is not present when toggling the digits display on the balls, only at refresh:
Old Style Balls.jpg
That being said, it works well, but I still find the CPU usage very high (between 40% and 50% on my 2.3 GHz CPU, irrespective of the balls' style). Maybe it's not an issue caused by coding, but rather the fact that ColorMatrix and TransformationMatrix are used extensively in the skin - so it might be just a given and not much left to do about it, I don't know. The good thing is that CPU usage spike appears not to happen anymore when the balls were static (like it happened in the previous version).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 30th, 2019, 4:35 pm Tested the 2.0 version (after applying the IfCondition fix), and there is still a 1 on the first ball, when using the "old style" balls. This happens only if the time is set to the 24h format, apparently, and the issue is not present when toggling the digits display on the balls, only at refresh:
You're right, working on it to try to fix this too. Hope will succeed, but let's see. When I'll get it to properly work, will post the newest, fixed version.
Thanks for reporting. :great:
Yincognito wrote: March 30th, 2019, 4:35 pm That being said, it works well, but I still find the CPU usage very high (between 40% and 50% on my 2.3 GHz CPU, irrespective of the balls' style). Maybe it's not an issue caused by coding, but rather the fact that ColorMatrix and TransformationMatrix are used extensively in the skin - so it might be just a given and not much left to do about it, I don't know.
Yes, there are a lot of calculations involved: five TransformationMatrices on balls and another five on the digits shown on balls. To try to reduce them at least when possible, I'll remove the TransformationMatrices from the digits on balls, when those are not shown. However, probably can't reduce too much the CPU usage, due to the still remianing TransformationMatrices and ColorMatrices. On my computer the CPU usage increases around 10%, with aproximativelly 15 (some relatively complex) loaded skins.
That's it, sorry...
Yincognito wrote: March 30th, 2019, 4:35 pm The good thing is that CPU usage spike appears not to happen anymore when the balls were static (like it happened in the previous version).
That's why I wanted to switch to the ActionTimer plugin, instead of having an extremely small Update value (as it was previously).