It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:45 pm

Skin Idea Or Request?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
y0himba

Skin Idea Or Request?

Post by y0himba »

Hello. I have these beautiful text skins, as can be seen in the screenshot below. However, I am still in love with my gadgets, as can bee seen on the right of the screenshot. I am looking for a skin/layout that can provide me with the same exhaustive system info and weather that the excellent Modern Gadgets by Raiguard ( https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=24381 ) provides, except text only.

Please post any suggestions here? Or, optionally, create one?

Thank you.
text.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skin Idea Or Request?

Post by balala »

y0himba wrote: March 24th, 2019, 1:41 am Or, optionally, create one?
No way of creating one: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8195#p49194
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

ever hear the phrase "You can't teach and old dog new tricks"? Well, I am an old dog. I am ex-military, ex-truck driver, now a bus driver, and a grampa. I have looked at this and tried, but it all gets jumbled in my head. Raiguard was able to help me remove the background color on his incredible gadget skins, but I was hoping to see something innovative and minimalist come from the request.

Feel free to take this idea and run with it.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I would go here:

https://www.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/newest/

And do some searching and paging through the many thousands of skins available for Rainmeter, and see it there isn't something that at least gets close to what you want. Then we will be glad to help if you want to modify one or more of them in some way.
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

jsmorley wrote: March 24th, 2019, 2:25 pm I would go here:

https://www.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/newest/

And do some searching and paging through the many thousands of skins available for Rainmeter, and see it there isn't something that at least gets close to what you want. Then we will be glad to help if you want to modify one or more of them in some way.
I will do that! Thank you!
---
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Ironically enough, I was already planning on making a suite that will conform to what you want. It'll have a boatload of different styles and skins that you can use, with the goal of being able to fit in nicely with minimalistic themes (because honestly, 99% of Rainmeter themes are minimalistic).

However, this won't happen for several years. In a few months I will be embarking on a religious service mission, so I won't have internet access for up to two years. Once I return I will be making Rainmeter skins in full force once again.

In the meantime there are a plethora of suites you can use. I would recommend CircuitousTwo. It's a great suite and was actually one of the things I played with when first learning how to make Rainmeter skins.

Good luck! :thumbup:
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

In you thread, you fixed my issue. Again: Best. Dev. Ever.

Now, I am spending hours looking for a skin that will just display the album cover from Spotify, nothing else, album cover only. So many skins to go through...
---
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

y0himba wrote: March 24th, 2019, 4:53 pm In you thread, you fixed my issue. Again: Best. Dev. Ever.

Now, I am spending hours looking for a skin that will just display the album cover from Spotify, nothing else, album cover only. So many skins to go through...
Good luck with that, Spotify plugin is not supported anymore. Most only display tack and artist now.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CyberTheWorm wrote: March 24th, 2019, 8:38 pm Spotify plugin is not supported anymore.
Although I can't try this, because I don't have Spotify installed, I think there is an alternative plugin: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=27747&p=153594&hilit=spotify+plugin#p153594
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I was able to cobble one together by using the example skin that comes with the Spotify plugin, originally by 'tjhrulz'. It works with WebNowPlaying. I am already using Spicetify.

Not sure how this works, but I modified it quite a bit, if only to remove the extra code. It is a Creative Commons license, BY-NC-SA 4.0
(https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/).

It works perfectly for what I need, only displaying the cover art. In the code you can edit the size and whether or not it will preserve the aspect ratio. Using Rainmeter's options you can set the transparency and position, so I can display it semi-transparent under another skin. (See below)

Not sure if it works with the Spotify NowPlaying plugin.
---