It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:49 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.5.0

Post by raiguard »

Woot, v1.5.0 is out! This release contains a major feature: scaling support! Now you can scale the gadgets to any size. The UI will only let you do this for all gadgets at once (to work with the new sidebars feature), but you can edit the settings manually to scale the gadgets individually if you wish.

This release also comes with two new gadgets: Audio Meter and Weather Meter. Audio Meter includes volume and sound device controls, NowPlaying media controls for both local and web media players, as well as a customizable visualizer. Weather Meter, well, shows the weather. It includes a sophisticated LUA script for calculating sun and moon positional information, and rise/set times, among other things. It also includes a five-day forecast.

The last major feature in this release is sidebars. This feature allows you to dedicate a portion of your display to the gadgets, preventing maximized windows from overlapping them. It also presents a nice background when the window is maximized, to improve aesthetics.

Anyway, this release is huge, and I'm really proud of how it turned out. I hope you all enjoy it! :D

IMPORTANT NOTE: This release changes the names of all the skin configs and reorganizes the skin directories. If updating from a prior version, you will have to manually reload all of your gadgets once the update completes.
v1.5.0 - 2019-03-18
- Added Audio Meter
- Added Weather Meter
- Added locale customization to Chronometer
- Added custom event countdown to Chronometer
- Added alarms to Chronometer
- Added timer applet to Chronometer
- Added 'standard' CPU temperature display to CPU Meter
- Added CPU fan speed graph option to CPU Meter
- Added setting to individually hide disk temperatures / eject buttons per-disk in Disks Meter
- Added option to Disks Meter to display free disk space, rather than used disk space
- Added Network Interface settings to Network Meter
- Added support for monitoring up to three Network Interfaces at once
- Added WiFi and LAN support to Network Meter
- Added fan information toggle to GPU Meter settings
- Added scaling support to the gadgets
- Added rounded corners option
- Added graph backgrounds option
- Added sidebars
- Added "ModernGadgets Welcome" layout to package
- Separated CPU Meter's core measures and meters from the main file, to only load those that are necessary (drastically improves performance)
- Converted CPU Meter's config script into loop measures
- Rewrote Disks Meter to only display up to 10 disks at once, significantly improving performance
- Merged Network Meter Pro into Network Meter, eliminating the need to maintain two versions of the gadget
- Changed default external IP location website
- Removed process label font face option
- Switched default font to IBM Plex Sans
- Improved color pickers to change colors dynamically (with the exception of global colors)
- Redesigned welcome screen and update notification (again...)
- Removed subtitle from gadget manager
- Reorganized gadget manager links
- Improved organization of skin directories and config names
- Fixed several issues with CPU Meter program switching
- Fixed CPU temperature graph when only using SpeedFan
- Fixed CPU Meter disabling HWiNFO readings if the Core 0 Temperature sensor was misconfigured
- Fixed CPU Meter line graph log error
- Fixed network status icon not updating dynamically
- Fixed GPU variant settings buttons not working
- Fixed GPU Meter variants all using the same settings file
- Fixed rare divide-by-zero error in GPU Meter
- Fixed various visual inconsistencies and positioning issues across the board
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
gan123

Post by gan123 »

First thx you for this nice skin.

My question is about the network module. I have several NIC in my maschine.

How can i set the couler for each of them ?

or is it possible to clone the network.ini and have eg two gadegt each for one NIC ?

Kind regards
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

Hi raiguard! Longtime user of your gadgets, and I am completely in love with them! As you can see in the screenshot below, I am also using some text only skins, and I am sort of moving in that direction. I was wondering if there was a way to hide the black background leaving only the text, graphs and meters? Make the background completely transparent. That way they could fit in with my text skins as well.

Thank you again for the wonderful, informative and useful gadgets! These are truly the most extensive system info skin out there.
text.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by y0himba on March 24th, 2019, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

y0himba wrote: March 24th, 2019, 1:46 am Hi raiguard! Longtime user of your gadgets, and I am completely in love with them! As you can see in the screenshot below, I am also using some text only skins, and I am sort of moving in that direction. I was wondering if there was a way to hide the black background leaving only the text, graphs and meters? Make the background completely transparent. That way they could fit in with my text skins as well.

Thank you again for the wonderful, informative and useful gadgets! These are truly the most extensive system info skin out there.

text.jpg
Hey y0himba, thanks for the kind word! I hope you're enjoying Weather Meter. :D

Anyway yes, you can hide the background if you want. Follow this GIF:
transparent background.gif
Let me know if you have any other questions!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
sirahok

Post by sirahok »

Been a fan of this gadgets for a couple of years, thanks for everything Raiguard :)

I have a problems though, recently got a new pc with a rx580 in it, but the meter doesnt recognise the card, can anyone help me with this? It works just fine in my other pc with a gtx 1080 it. Same settings in hwinfo and everything but it still doesnt show
Last edited by sirahok on March 24th, 2019, 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

gan123 wrote: March 21st, 2019, 12:11 pm First thx you for this nice skin.

My question is about the network module. I have several NIC in my maschine.

How can i set the couler for each of them ?

or is it possible to clone the network.ini and have eg two gadegt each for one NIC ?

Kind regards
You could modify network meter to display multiple adapters separately, but that requires knowledge of creating Rainmeter skins. Here's what you can do instead:

1. Go into the gadget manager, and click MG Skins Folder
2. Make a copy of the NetworkMeter folder, and name it NetworkMeter1
3. Go into @Resources/Settings, and make a copy of NetworkSettings.inc, naming it NetworkSettings1.inc
4. Open that file, and replace the value of interfaceEthernet with the network adapter you wish to monitor (or if it's a wireless one, do that). If you don't know how to configure your interfaces, click here
5. Go back to the NetworkMeter1 folder, go into it, and open NetworkMeter.ini
6. Replace line 28 with @includeGadgetSettings=#@#Settings\NetworkMeter1.inc, and save the file
7. Right-click on the Rainmeter tray icon, and click Refresh All
8. You can now load the ModernGadgets/NetworkMeter1 skin through Rainmeter's context menus. It will be configured to the settings you specified in the settings file you copied.

You can repeat these as many times as you want (just increment the number each time) to monitor as many interfaces as you want. I hope this works for you! Please keep in mind that if you install a new ModernGadgets update, you will have to redo this process again.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

sirahok wrote: March 24th, 2019, 2:58 am Been a fan of this gadgets for a couple of years, recently got a new pc with a rx580 in it, but the meter doesnt recognise the card, can anyone help me with this? It works just fine in my other pc with a gtx 1080 it. Same settings in hwinfo and everything but it still doesnt show
Thanks for the kind word!

You need to go through and reconfigure the HWiNFO settings, since the rx580 has different sensors from the GTX 1080Ti. Go through every option and make sure everything matches. Here is a configuration tutorial if you haven't had to do it before.
sirahok

Post by sirahok »

raiguard wrote: March 24th, 2019, 3:00 am Thanks for the kind word!

You need to go through and reconfigure the HWiNFO settings, since the rx580 has different sensors from the GTX 1080Ti. Go through every option and make sure everything matches. Here is a configuration tutorial if you haven't had to do it before.
That works flawlessly, thanks a lot :rosegift: :thumbup: :D
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

raiguard wrote: March 24th, 2019, 2:39 am Hey y0himba, thanks for the kind word! I hope you're enjoying Weather Meter. :D

Anyway yes, you can hide the background if you want. Follow this GIF:

Let me know if you have any other questions!
OMG! PERFECT! Which is the line for removing the graph bg color? I am asking instead of poking around so I don't mess anything up. Not a coder.
Also, does Rainmeter have a setting to detect the desktop background and automatically set the text color based on it?
graphbg.jpg
Edit: This seems to make the gadgets click through. Also, I cannot access the setting wrench unless I am hovered over text on the gadget once it is transparent.
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

y0himba wrote: March 24th, 2019, 1:32 pm OMG! PERFECT! Which is the line for removing the graph bg color? I am asking instead of poking around so I don't mess anything up. Not a coder.
Also, does Rainmeter have a setting to detect the desktop background and automatically set the text color based on it?

graphbg.jpg

Edit: This seems to make the gadgets click through. Also, I cannot access the setting wrench unless I am hovered over text on the gadget once it is transparent.
Instead of changing the last number value to zero as raiguard shows in the gif, set it to 1. This will make the background and border 'almost' transparent but still react to mouse actions.

The Chameleon plugin can select colors based on your current wallpaper.