It is currently April 25th, 2024, 11:12 am

Somewhere to start

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
meweaver

Somewhere to start

Post by meweaver »

After reviewing some examples I came up with this. Does it need to be edited or revised.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
W=0
H=0
SolidColor=60,60,60,255

[MeterLaunch1]
Meter=String

[MeterLaunch3Image]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\Battleneticon.png
W=100
H=100
X=0r
Y=2R
LeftMouseUpAction=["D:\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe"]

W=100
H=100
X=0r
Y=2R

[MeterLaunch3Text]
Meter=String
X=0R
Y=6r
FontFace=Trebuchet MS
FontSize=14
FontColor=146,197,94,255
StringStyle=Bold
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
AntiAlias=1
Text=
Can I save this has a Layout?

Thanks
Last edited by eclectic-tech on March 21st, 2019, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use code tags. It is the </> symbol.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Somewhere to start

Post by eclectic-tech »

You have a few items that seem unnecessary or repetitive... Your background meter has zero width and height (?) and no real function so I removed it.
You have duplicate ImageName labels and dimensions in the [MeterLaunch3Image] section (duplicates are ignored) so I removed those.
You had a blank String meter so I removed that code and added actual "Text" to your last string meter.
What you have left is an icon image and a string meter that should launch "Battle.net" when you click either item.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[MeterLaunch3Image]
Meter=Image
W=100
H=100
X=0r
Y=0r

[MeterLaunch3Text]
Meter=String
X=0R
Y=6r
FontFace=Trebuchet MS
FontSize=14
FontColor=146,197,94,255
StringStyle=Bold
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
AntiAlias=1
Text=Battle
battle.png
It does not make sense to save 1 skin as a layout, but you could. I would save this as a single skin. Add other launcher image and string meters to expand this skin, or add additional skins like this (each would have to be in their own folder) each launching a different app. Then load all of them, arrange them on the desktop, and then save those as a layout.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 21st, 2019, 1:30 am It does not make sense to save 1 skin as a layout, but you could. I would save this as a single skin.
Entirely correct, however I don't completely agree. If you save one skin as a layout and take care not to include any other skins beside the needed one, makes sense. When you open a skin, it is loaded besides the already loaded ones, being this way the Nth skin. But if you have a layout which contains the only skin, and you load that layout, well, probably you know: the already loaded skins are closed (unloaded) and the skin belonging to layout, is loaded. Finally the only loaded skin is that belonging to the layout. Completely different then loading one skin.
Makes sense in my opinion.
meweaver

Post by meweaver »

Thanks to the both of you. It take's me a little bit of learning something new. I didn't want to delete any of the data that I made until I had someone else advice.