It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:42 pm

Syncing skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Syncing skins

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:12 pm - I mentioned this in one of my previous replies, but you probably skipped reading it: when using your TransformationMatrix balls and resizing the balls, the digits on the balls are not updated to the new dimensions/positions (try making the balls bigger, say 400, and you'll see what I mean)
Indeed, you're right. I will fix this in a next release.
Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:12 pm - when using the pool ball images, the 1.png ball is not used. You might want to check the [MeasureTimeNDigitSet] (N=2,4 and 5) and correct the appropriate !SetOption bangs
Right, again! My fault, I copied / pasted the IfTrueActions and finally it seems I forgot to rewrite the image name into the IfTrueAction9 options of [MeasureTime2DigitSet], [MeasureTime4DigitSet] and [MeasureTime5DigitSet] measure. Here is the fix (replace only the below posted options):

Code: Select all

[MeasureTime2DigitSet]
IfTrueAction9=[!Setoption MeterLeft2 ColorMatrix1 "1;0;0;0;0"][!Setoption MeterLeft2 ColorMatrix2 "0;1;0;0;0"][!Setoption MeterLeft2 ColorMatrix3 "0;0;1;0;0"][!SetOption MeterLeft2 Imagename "#@#Balls\1.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterLeft2"][!Redraw]

[MeasureTime4DigitSet]
IfTrueAction9=[!Setoption MeterRight2 ColorMatrix1 "1;0;0;0;0"][!Setoption MeterRight2 ColorMatrix2 "0;1;0;0;0"][!Setoption MeterRight2 ColorMatrix3 "0;0;1;0;0"][!SetOption MeterRight2 Imagename "#@#Balls\1.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterRight2"][!Redraw]

[MeasureTime5DigitSet]
IfTrueAction9=[!Setoption MeterRight ColorMatrix1 "1;0;0;0;0"][!Setoption MeterRight ColorMatrix2 "0;1;0;0;0"][!Setoption MeterRight ColorMatrix3 "0;0;1;0;0"][!SetOption MeterRight Imagename "#@#Balls\1.png"][!UpdateMeter "MeterRight"][!Redraw]
Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:12 pm That being said, you didn't necessarily need to put me as a contributor (and before you!). :) What I did was my pleasure, I didn't have to be credited for a simple thing like photoshopping some pool balls taken from the internet, really. :oops: Your work was much harder than mine...
I believe all contributors have to be credited. When I first created this skin (three years ago), Chevin helped me with the image manipulation. I also added him as a contributor.
The order doesn't matter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Oh, ok then - all good. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:37 pm Oh, ok then - all good. :thumbup:
Since this discussion has became an off topic, I moved here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23543&p=160464#p160464
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:37 pm Oh, ok then - all good. :thumbup:
Well, I still think you should remove the line/dot underneath the "six" and "nine" numbers. :Whistle Other than that, t'is great. :great:
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

balala wrote: March 17th, 2019, 7:02 pm Since this discussion has became an off topic, I moved here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23543&p=160464#p160464
No need to move it on my account; I don't mind at all :welcome: But you are no doubt right that keeping it in its own thread will make the discussion much easier to find, should someone be searching for it. :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: March 17th, 2019, 7:42 pm No need to move it on my account; I don't mind at all :welcome: But you are no doubt right that keeping it in its own thread will make the discussion much easier to find, should someone be searching for it. :D
Not just that. As I said we've created an off topic, which is not good. We've extended this topic too much.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

qwerky wrote: March 15th, 2019, 11:01 pm Yes, that's exactly it! :great: And thanks so much for making it. :rosegift:
A strange thing: I noticed that if the [MeasureTime], [MeasureSec] and [MeasureSeconds] measures are placed above the [MeasureSlide] and [msrPendulumWrap] measures in the code, that it no longer functions correctly. I'm just curious as to why that may be? :???:
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

qwerky wrote: March 17th, 2019, 7:55 pm A strange thing: I noticed that if the [MeasureTime], [MeasureSec] and [MeasureSeconds] measures are placed above the [MeasureSlide] and [msrPendulumWrap] measures in the code, that it no longer functions correctly. I'm just curious as to why that may be? :???:
Well, I found that this can be corrected by adding UpdateDivider=-1 to the [msrPendulumWrap] measure. Not quite sure why that is? :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: March 17th, 2019, 7:55 pm A strange thing: I noticed that if the [MeasureTime], [MeasureSec] and [MeasureSeconds] measures are placed above the [MeasureSlide] and [msrPendulumWrap] measures in the code, that it no longer functions correctly. I'm just curious as to why that may be? :???:
qwerky wrote: March 17th, 2019, 8:01 pm Well, I found that this can be corrected by adding UpdateDivider=-1 to the [msrPendulumWrap] measure. Not quite sure why that is? :confused:
In fact, moving only the [MeasureSeconds] measure above [msrPendulumWrap], prevents the skin to properly work, the others doesn't count. This is probably caused by the fact that if [MeasureSeconds] is the first, when any of its IfTrueAction / IfFalseAction options is executed, the next step is to execute the IfTrueAction2 option of the [msrPendulumWrap] measure, which immediately stops the animation (stops the running of the ActionTimer plugin).
This seems to be a very good example of the situation when the order of different sections do count.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

balala wrote: March 17th, 2019, 8:44 pm In fact, moving only the [MeasureSeconds] measure above [msrPendulumWrap], prevents the skin to properly work, the others doesn't count. This is probably caused by the fact that if [MeasureSeconds] is the first, when any of its IfTrueAction / IfFalseAction options is executed, the next step is to execute the IfTrueAction2 option of the [msrPendulumWrap] measure, which immediately stops the animation (stops the running of the ActionTimer plugin).
This seems to be a very good example of the situation when the order of different sections do count.
Very good. Thanks for the explanation. This also explains why adding UpdateDivider=-1 to [msrPendulumWrap] corrects the behavior. That option should probably be there anyway, since this is a measure which we do not want to be updated with each skin update, but rather only when called by the ActionTimer. Doing it this way has also improved the synchronization of pendulum to clock, such that the clock update now occurs at the start of the pendulum swing, rather than half way through it. :D