It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:50 pm

Syncing skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Syncing skins

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2019, 2:59 pm This is how they look - pretty nice, IMHO:
Another possibility to use differently colored balls, is to use the original images and recolor them with ColorMatrixN options. For example, if add a ColorMatrix3=0;0;0;0;0 to all of [MeterLeft], [MeterLeft2], [MeterCenter], [MeterRight2] and [MeterRight] meters, you'll get all those balls yellow. Any color is possible, just have to find the proper ColorMatrxN options and apply them.
This method has a great advantage: it doesn't require image manipulation. A bit later I'll work with this and will post a sample code.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 16th, 2019, 3:10 pmThis method has a great advantage: it doesn't require image manipulation. A bit later I'll work with this and will post a sample code.
Indeed. Another advantage of this method is that the writing on the balls (e.g. the numbers) are not hardcoded in the image - so it gives more flexibility as well. Nice job - let me know if I should continue with my method or settle for yours. Or maybe we could post them both and let people choose. Any method is fine with me, just let me know what I should do (or not do) next ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

As promised, here are the ball images (ready to use by placing them in @Resources folder and replacing Imagename=#@#Left.png in the skin with Imagename="#@#Ball N.png", where N is the number on the ball or the text Colon for the ball displaying a colon):
Ball 0.png
Ball 1.png
Ball 2.png
Ball 3.png
Ball 4.png
Ball 5.png
Ball 6.png
Ball 7.png
Ball 8.png
Ball 9.png
Ball Colon.png
Here are the PSDs (Photoshop files, ZIP archive):
Pool Balls (PSD).zip
Here are the sources (original files, ZIP archive):
Pool Balls (Source).zip
Here is a little demo screenshot (in full motion):
Demo 19-26.jpg
Now, it's up to balala if he wants to use them or not. Of course, anyone can make his own modifications to the skin accordingly, if he wants to. Time to switch over to my skins and making a complete character decoding substitute, since the devs don't seem to notice the DecodeCharacterReference, while indeed useful, is still incomplete to this day... ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2019, 5:15 pm Now, it's up to balala if he wants to use them or not.
A little bit later, I'll post my code / skin, which uses these images.
Thanks for them.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2019, 5:15 pm Pool Balls (PSD).zip
Could you please convert these images to .png? In a Rainmeter code, we can't use .psd files.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 16th, 2019, 5:37 pm Could you please convert these images to .png? In a Rainmeter code, we can't use .psd files.
I know. Just right click on the image previews from the spoiler and download the images. They are already 47x229px PNGs. 8-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2019, 5:40 pm I know. Just right click on the image previews from the spoiler and download the images. They are already 47x229px PNGs. 8-)
Ok, right. Sorry I didn't notice them.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:11 pm Ok, right. Sorry I didn't notice them.
No problem. That's the purpose of spoilers: to hide things from people... :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I finished working with the Pendulum. Attached you can find my work. Please download, install and test it.
What you have to know about this newest version?
There are two kind of balls:
  • The original ones, recolored with ColorMatrixN options, accordingly to the shown numeric values.
  • Yincognito's balls, uploaded by him previously, to the Spoiler here.
For now you can switch between the two balls only manually. If after a short test, there will be no problems with the code, I'll add the this setting to the Settings.ini tool. To set one or the other ball types, please edit manually the UseBalls variable, located into the @Resources\Settings.inc file. If for this variable you set 1, Yincognito's balls are used, for 0, the old ones.
If the old style balls are used, if you click the shown clock, you can switch to digits be shown on the balls, then on next click, back to the clock.
What do you think? Do you like this skin? It worth further development?
Thanks for testing.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 16th, 2019, 8:33 pm I finished working with the Pendulum. Attached you can find my work. Please download, install and test it.
What you have to know about this newest version?
There are two kind of balls:
  • The original ones, recolored with ColorMatrixN options, accordingly to the shown numeric values.
  • Yincognito's balls, uploaded by him previously, to the Spoiler here.
For now you can switch between the two balls only manually. If after a short test, there will be no problems with the code, I'll add the this setting to the Settings.ini tool. To set one or the other ball types, please edit manually the UseBalls variable, located into the @Resources\Settings.inc file. If for this variable you set 1, Yincognito's balls are used, for 0, the old ones.
If the old style balls are used, if you click the shown clock, you can switch to digits be shown on the balls, then on next click, back to the clock.
What do you think? Do you like this skin? It worth further development?
Thanks for testing.
Looks very good. ;-) Two problems though:
- I mentioned this in one of my previous replies, but you probably skipped reading it: when using your TransformationMatrix balls and resizing the balls, the digits on the balls are not updated to the new dimensions/positions (try making the balls bigger, say 400, and you'll see what I mean)
- when using the pool ball images, the 1.png ball is not used. You might want to check the [MeasureTimeNDigitSet] (N=2,4 and 5) and correct the appropriate !SetOption bangs

That being said, you didn't necessarily need to put me as a contributor (and before you!). :) What I did was my pleasure, I didn't have to be credited for a simple thing like photoshopping some pool balls taken from the internet, really. :oops: Your work was much harder than mine...