Measure=Calc
Formula=[MS_SomeString:]
UpdateDivider=-1
DynamicVariables=1

[MT_Test]
Meter=STRING
SolidColor=64,64,64,255
FontColor=255,255,255,255
Text="String: [MS_SomeString]#CRLF#Number: [MS_SomeString:]#CRLF#Calc: [MS_SomeCalc]"
DynamicVariables=1
Without the substitute, the number value of [MS_SomeString] is 1. With the substitute, it is still 1, despite replacing it with -1. Why, and how I can correct this, apart from creating a Calc measure taking the string value of [MS_SomeString] (since its number value is still 1) as its Formula just for that?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Number value of a substituted String measure

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 15th, 2019, 8:20 pm Without the substitute, the number value of [MS_SomeString] is 1. With the substitute, it is still 1, despite replacing it with -1. Why, and how I can correct this, apart from creating a Calc measure taking the string value of [MS_SomeString] (since its number value is still 1) as its Formula just for that?
The Substitute option is applied only to the string value of a measure. That's why the string value of [MS_SomeString] is -1, while the numeric value remains unsubstituted.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 15th, 2019, 8:49 pm The Substitute option is applied only to the string value of a measure. That's why the string value of [MS_SomeString] is -1, while the numeric value remains unsubstituted.
Yep, you're right. Due to the fact that in this scenario I needed things to behave differently, I forgot about the fact that I used with great success the "separation" between the number and the string value in other skins (like the Weather one), basically being able to work with two different values for each measure.

So it's all clear now. Bottom line, I asked the question forgettting that at some point I took advantage of this behavior in Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »