It is currently April 16th, 2024, 9:10 am

Syncing skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
qwerky

Re: Syncing skins

Post by qwerky »

This is a very interesting discussion, and I think this:
jsmorley wrote: March 11th, 2019, 12:43 am I personally doubt this will ever be pleasing, as Update is just not a reliable function of "time" in any sense of a clock, and the lowest unit of value you can track in a Time measure is a second.
pretty much sums it up. Though I would love to have a full-speed pendulum that stayed in perfect sync, and would be happy to implement it if a method were found, it is after all not that important, and I don't think I'll bang my head against the wall :headbang: searching for it. :D
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

jsmorley, apologies for the missing code tags; I honestly thought that I had used them, but I guess that's not my first mistake this year this month this week today. :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

qwerky wrote: March 11th, 2019, 8:33 pm jsmorley, apologies for the missing code tags; I honestly thought that I had used them, but I guess that's not my first mistake this year this month this week today. :D
:-) I never make mistkes...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: March 11th, 2019, 8:15 pm Okay, here is some sample code (this is just my testing skin--not a finished product ;-) ):
Unfortunately I can't get it to work. The only thing I see when I Load the skin is an extremely small rectangle (6 x 46 pixels). I noticed there is only one measure ([msrPendulumWrap]) which is not commented out, all others are. Is this normal?
This way it'll be hard to get it working. Maybe you should have to pack the config and upload it. Probably it would be easier for me to get it working.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

balala wrote: March 11th, 2019, 8:37 pm Unfortunately I can't get it to work. The only thing I see when I Load the skin is an extremely small rectangle (6 x 46 pixels). I noticed there is only one measure ([msrPendulumWrap]) which is not commented out, all others are. Is this normal?
This way it'll be hard to get it working. Maybe you should have to pack the config and upload it. Probably it would be easier for me to get it working.
Sorry, actually when jsmorley edited my post to add code tags, I think a couple of them ending up being quote tags instead, and so some of my post seemed to disappear. Thus, I edited to correct those tags, and now the whole post is there, so please check it again.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

balala, please add these variables:

Code: Select all

skinWidth=274
skinHeight=50
and it should look much better. In my code, those variables come from other includes, and weren't in the what I originally posted.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: March 11th, 2019, 8:48 pm Thus, I edited to correct those tags, and now the whole post is there, so please check it again.
But there still is one single measure. Is it enough? Because although I added the SkinWidth and SkinHeight options (those are not variables), I get it the larger skin, but it's completely empty, nothing is shown up.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: March 11th, 2019, 8:15 pm Finally, the measures, normally placed above the meters, but I saved them for last in this post:
Is not absolutely required to place them above the meters, you can place them anywhere. Just as a note...
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

balala wrote: March 11th, 2019, 9:04 pm But there still is one single measure. Is it enough? Because although I added the SkinWidth and SkinHeight options (those are not variables), I get it the larger skin, but it's completely empty, nothing is shown up.
Sorry we're having so much trouble with this--we'll get it figured out. :oops:

When you look at my original post with the code, do you see only one measure there? Or do you also see three other measures that are commented out?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: March 11th, 2019, 9:31 pm When you look at my original post with the code, do you see only one measure there? Or do you also see three other measures that are commented out?
There is one measure which isn't commented out ([msrPendulumWrap]) and three commented out ([msrPendulumArc1], [msrPendulumArc2] and [msrPendulumSwing]). But probably you can see the same, if you take a look.