It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:44 am

Making VU bars rounded

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Blue Guy

Making VU bars rounded

Post by Blue Guy »

Is there any way I can make the VU bars (Fountain of Colors) rounded? I looked at the code of another Visualizer but I couldn't figure out how. I really like this skin so I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks!

https://www.deviantart.com/alatsombath/art/Fountain-of-Colors-desktop-music-visualizer-518894563 for the skin.

:)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Making VU bars rounded

Post by balala »

Blue Guy wrote: March 7th, 2019, 10:04 am Is there any way I can make the VU bars (Fountain of Colors) rounded?
Yesterday has been posted a similar code, with rounded bars. Here it is: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31633
Blue Guy

Post by Blue Guy »

balala wrote: March 7th, 2019, 1:43 pm Yesterday has been posted a similar code, with rounded bars. Here it is: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31633
I'm the same guy you know. :D

Anyways, I just wanted to know if it's possible to modify the Fountain of Colors skin so that the top part of a bar is rounded while the bottom part stays the same. I don't really know anything about coding so I thought I'd ask here for help. I really want to learn how to do it but I'm in the middle of my exams so I haven't got the time. Thanks for your help from before btw.

And that code loses the rounded edges if the music's loud enough.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Fountain of Colors has a very unique and weird structure: it uses more included files and it is extremely hard to work with it. I think it doesn't worth to try to modify it, because it'll cause you a lot of headaches. Instead I'd look for another visualizer skin, either in the Share Your Creations section of this form, or on DeviantArt.com. My opinion.
Wish you success at your exams...
Blue Guy

Post by Blue Guy »

balala wrote: March 7th, 2019, 4:40 pm Fountain of Colors has a very unique and weird structure: it uses more included files and it is extremely hard to work with it. I think it doesn't worth to try to modify it, because it'll cause you a lot of headaches. Instead I'd look for another visualizer skin, either in the Share Your Creations section of this form, or on DeviantArt.com. My opinion.
Welp guess I'm looking for more skins again.
balala wrote: March 7th, 2019, 4:40 pm Wish you success at your exams...
Thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Blue Guy wrote: March 7th, 2019, 4:51 pm Welp guess I'm looking for more skins again.
Certainly this is my recommendation. Fountain of Colors is extremely weird, I dislike it very much, to be honest:
Blue Guy

Post by Blue Guy »

balala wrote: March 7th, 2019, 6:35 pm Certainly this is my recommendation. Fountain of Colors is extremely weird, I dislike it very much, to be honest:
So do you know any 'simple' visualizers that I can use? I found another VU but that had the exact same problem as the last one I used (it went out of bounds, making the top get cut off).
rxtd

Post by rxtd »

Blue Guy wrote: March 8th, 2019, 10:17 am
Now I get it. Or maybe not
All these plugins display values in scaled dB, which are assumed to be in [0; 1] to be represented by Bar meter, but that's not true: values well may be anything, and this includes values > 1.
I haven't work with bar meters that much, but it may be that when value is > 1 something breaks and rounded ends are no longer rounded.
Try limiting values to [0; 1] (for example, create Calc measure with appropriate formula for each Bar) to see, if it works.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

May I introduce you to Yadov?

https://sites.google.com/view/jelledekkers/home/yadov
https://www.deviantart.com/jelledekkers48/art/Yadov-787061266

It uses the Shape meter for bars, and since shapes are shapes, you can round them.
It has a variety of settings in the settings folder, you can rotate the vis, center the bars (the bars go up and down equally), round the corners, remove the bread crumbs (dots that stay when nothing is playing). It's a simple vis and should be easy to use or adjust to your liking.
You can also make it circular like VisBubble if you want, with all of that combined.
Blue Guy

Post by Blue Guy »

rxtd wrote: March 8th, 2019, 12:03 pm Now I get it. Or maybe not
All these plugins display values in scaled dB, which are assumed to be in [0; 1] to be represented by Bar meter, but that's not true: values well may be anything, and this includes values > 1.
I haven't work with bar meters that much, but it may be that when value is > 1 something breaks and rounded ends are no longer rounded.
Try limiting values to [0; 1] (for example, create Calc measure with appropriate formula for each Bar) to see, if it works.
Thanks for the info! I'll remember that for when I might need it later. :thumbup: