Skins that don't neatly fit into other categories
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Roll-Down / Roll-Up Menus

Post by eclectic-tech »

Roll-Down/Roll-Up Menus
icon.gif
(Click image to see animate)

Roll down launch menus in 3 styles (Icons+Text, Text Only, or Icons Only) using Fileview plugin and Containers.

Fileview provides many of the features of explorer in your menus.
Samples included for: Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Downloads, Music, and Programs

Use:
Hover over the title to roll down (open) the menu. Move off the menu to have it roll up (close). Left-click the top/bottom arrows to "page" up/down, or scroll over the list to single-step through the menu items. Middle-click the top arrow to return to the topmost item. Double left-click to launch any item. Right-click an item to show Windows context menu. Right-click the title or navigation arrows to show the Rainmeter context menu. Double left-click the Title to open the designated folder in explorer.

Creating Your Menus:
The same 'RollDownMenu.ini' file is used in each folder; the only differences are the 'CustomTitle' and 'Path' variables. So to create a new menu, copy any folder, rename it, and edit the 'CustomTitle' and 'Path' variables. A custom Title can be given to the menu which also limits the menu to the given path an sub folders only. If no Custom Title is given, then the menu title will be the current path and can navigate your entire file system.

Customize:
The menus can be easily customized to fit your style. Menu Style, Themes, and Custom Titles or Path are available from the skin context menu. Settings for the menu Scale, Width, Background Color, Border Color, and Highlight Color can be edited in the [Variables] section.

ScaleAble:
Scale to any resolution!

Require version 4.3 of Rainmeter.

Hope you find them useful!
E.T.

Sample Images
Dark Theme Version (Custom Title)
dark.gif
Light Theme (Custom Title)
light.gif
Clear Theme (Custom Title)
clearD.gif
Light Theme (Path Title)
lightPath.gif
Version History
V 1.2019.03.10
Modified default Update; skin update to 50ms (w/20 default divider) and Slider 'Wait' time to 10ms for smoother menu action
These can be changed by end users to control the menu action speed (open/close) on their systems

V 1.2019.03.05.1
Added link to current path folder (Double-Left-Click the Title)

V 1.2019.03.05
Modified Icon Only to respond better to skin Width setting
Be aware there are limits to Width & Scale settings beyond which the Icon Only variant will distort

V 1.2019.03.04.2 & .3
Menu Styles Added to Context Menu (3 variants: Icon+Text List, Text Only List, or Icons Only)
Added Z-Position to bring menu to the top on mouse-over (Returns to 'normal' on mouse-leave)
Added fixed width for Icon Only (.3) :: Working on alternate 'Width' driven variant

V 1.2019.03.04
Corrected Highlighting and Clipping to match Width setting
Added option for setting BorderColor
Added option for setting Highlight Color

V 1.2019.02.28.2
Removed IconSize Option (Thanks to ms310 for noticing!)
Modified skin to scale icons rather than user setting; will always use the Large size icon and scale it down based on user Scale
Modified ActionTimer to handle scaling up to 3x; Larger scaling is possible, but require modifying [Slider] section 'Repeat' number (see note in skin)
Corrected Light Theme border coloration (28.2)

V 1.2019.02.27.1
Added Scaler variable to allow quick resizing of entire skin (Default is '1'; recommend 1x~2x)
When scaled larger, you should change the icon size variable (Default is 'Small')
Added SortType to [mPath] measure for better menu organization {Default is 'Type')
Modified navigation actions to use single-clicks.

V 1.2019.02.27
Corrected "Program" variant
Modified all skins for Custom Title Double Mid-click to Return to Top (Refresh Menu)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Roll-Down / Roll-Up Menus

Post by eclectic-tech »

V 1.2019.02.27.1
  • Added Scaler variable to allow quick resizing of entire skin (Default is '1'; recommend 1x~2x)
  • When scaled larger, you should change the icon size variable (Default is 'Small'; options: Small, Medium, Large, ExtraLarge)
  • Added SortType to [mPath] measure for better menu organization {Default is 'Type'; options: Name, Size, Type, Date)
Updated attachment in first post...
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Hi there - this is very cool. I notice when I change the icon size the spacing of the icons is too small - they overlap even with Medium. It is probably operator error, but I am hoping you can help me out.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: February 28th, 2019, 7:29 am Hi there - this is very cool. I notice when I change the icon size the spacing of the icons is too small - they overlap even with Medium. It is probably operator error, but I am hoping you can help me out.
Thanks for catching that ms310!

That is my fault for not taking the time to use the same scaling method on icons as I did for everything else :oops:

I removed the option to let end users set the icon size. The large icon will always be used and the skin will scale the icons to keep proper size relationships.

The skin will now scale properly from 0.5x ~ 3x. Larger scaling is possible, but will require modifying the [Slider] repeat number to prevent insufficient height of the menu at larger scales. (See the note in the [Variables] section of the skin.)

Removed extra (unused) FileView measures for better response.

Updated attachment in first post to V1.2019.02.28.1 ...
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Enhancement Requests
  • Single Click to Launch
  • Icon View to match icons on the desktop - large icon with text beneath it
I realize not everyone will want these, but I figured I would ask.

This tiny little gadget has gotten me off of a product called Fences which had more features than I needed.

Thank you for making it!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: March 4th, 2019, 2:55 am Enhancement Requests
  • Single Click to Launch

This tiny little gadget has gotten me off of a product called Fences which had more features than I needed.

Thank you for making it!
I prefer to let you change the launch action to single left-click; all you need to do is change the bang in each of the [Index#] sections from LeftMouseDoubleclickaction to LeftMouseUpAction.

My reasoning is to have the navigation actions be single-click for faster response, but eliminate accidental launches by requiring a double-click; that just makes more sense to me. :)

I have created Icon style menus using Fileview and may work on adding an option to this skin. If you want to see how that looks, try my Dynamic for Rainmeter suite, the taskbar menus all have a right-click option to change the menu display from text only, text w/icons, or icons only. The icon names are in tooltips in those skins, but I think it can be modded to show them below.
dynamicicons1.png
dynamicicons2.png
I am not sure how soon I can get a icon version posted, but I will look into it.

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts. :rosegift:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Thanks! This works great with the single click.

I like the look of the dynamic quite - very nice!

Thanks for everything you do to my desktop :D
ms310

Post by ms310 »

I was looking for a way to change the color of the text that is in MenuTitle. Is this possible?

Figured this out. I would love if this plugin used the styles from the WIn10 suite you used for your TimeZone and Weather plugins.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: March 4th, 2019, 10:18 am I was looking for a way to change the color of the text that is in MenuTitle. Is this possible?

Figured this out. I would love if this plugin used the styles from the WIn10 suite you used for your TimeZone and Weather plugins.
Well that's totally up to the user to stylize the menu skins as they want.

I added BorderColor and HighlightColor options to the skin which allow more customizing. I also corrected text highlighting and clipping widths to match 'Scaler' settings.

The initial settings in the attachment match Win10 Widget default color and width, but that can be easily changed by editing the [Variables] section. :welcome:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ms310 wrote: March 4th, 2019, 2:55 am Enhancement Requests
Per this request, I added three menu styles selections to the skin context menu: Icon+Text List, Text Only List, and Icons Only.

Attachment in first post updated to V 1.2019.03.04.2
  • Menu Styles Added to Context Menu (3 variants: Icon+Text List, Text Only List, or Icons Only)
  • Added Z-Position to bring menu to the top on mouse-over (Returns to 'normal' on mouse-leave)
Enjoy!