It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:31 pm

Building a mini Launcher!!!! My last request.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Building a mini Launcher!!!! My last request.

Post by Yincognito »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 15th, 2019, 8:42 pmI also added a sound, but, it looks different from the ones you texted me, by a bit only. It looks like this : MouseOverAction=[!PLAYSTOP][PLAY "#@#Sounds\Blip.wav"]. Should I also put the second command line when it leaves?
No, it's actually better like you did, since it stops whatever sound Rainmeter was playing, before playing the sound you want. You got me on this one... :oops:
Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 15th, 2019, 8:44 pmOh, my friend, you and Yincognito are really cool!
Of course we are. Everybody on this forum is, including Rainmeter's developers ... and you. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Yincognito wrote: February 15th, 2019, 9:13 pm No, it's actually better like you did, since it stops whatever sound Rainmeter was playing, before playing the sound you want. You got me on this one... :oops:

Of course we are. Everybody on this forum is, including Rainmeter's developers ... and you. :thumbup:
See now, you say these things, and you are winning my heart. lmao

If I hadn't known any better, I would say that you may have feelings for me. No homo! I have a gf. I love her. I am trying my hardest to learn how to make this code to surprise her. She has no idea! haha

Thanks to all of you I am extremely close to what I want, I am pretty much already done I think. I just need to make in photoshop specific buttons to put them in the mini launcher, so they can like change when you hover the mouse over them. I think I can try this on my own. I think I remember how to make three images and put them together in a transparent field, I think...and then I need to add image meters on the launcher, right? Something like that...I can't remember, I did it in the past, but it's been so long...
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Okay, here's the good news and the bad news. The good news are, I managed to track down the old post about how to make a button image on rainmeter with hover, up and down actions respectively. Jsmorley helped me back then. The bad news? I tried to implement it in the launcher, but I screwed it up hard. - The copy, thank God, I still have the original.

Now, it is just a very small grey icon but still functionable. I am having a hard time on what to do exactly there. Pretty much I've done everything, I even made the image in photoshop and I am trying to make the code work right. Thing is, from what I've noticed, it is a string. I guess I should put meter before the string, but that's just my wild theory, I don't know...

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=124

EDIT : Here's the code from the mini launcher, and what I put on it, the first part of the code, the "launcher" icon. I am trying to put my image to turn it in to a button while hovering and clicking on it, it will change in to three stages. Hover, Up and Down.

Code: Select all

[Variables]

[MT_Launcher]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=Ultrabar.png
FontFace=Consolas
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=128,128,128,255
Padding=10,5,10,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Launcher"
ButtonCommand=
MouseOverAction=[!PLAYSTOP][PLAY "#@#Sounds\Blop.wav"]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeterGroup "LauncherItemsGroup"][!Redraw]
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 17th, 2019, 11:23 amEDIT : Here's the code from the mini launcher, and what I put on it, the first part of the code, the "launcher" icon. I am trying to put my image to turn it in to a button while hovering and clicking on it, it will change in to three stages. Hover, Up and Down.

[Variables]

[MT_Launcher]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=Ultrabar.png
FontFace=Consolas
Padding=10,5,10,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Launcher"
ButtonCommand=
You can't have a meter being both a button meter and a string one - it has to be of just one type. So, in your code, since the meter is of type Button, the Text option and other related Meter=String options will be ignored, as far as I know. What you need to do is "split" your meter types accordingly, meaning you'll have to make both a Button type meter and a String one on top of it. Something like it's explained here, by none other than the same jsmorley. Your code would probably have to look along the lines of:

[Variables]

[MT_Launcher_Button]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=Ultrabar.png
ButtonCommand=[!ToggleMeterGroup "LauncherItemsGroup"][!Redraw]

[MT_Launcher_Text]
Meter=String
X=0r
Y=0r
FontFace=Consolas
Padding=10,5,10,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Launcher"
In other words, you were correct in your assumption: you need to put the button meter before the string meter, but you need to have them both...unless you write the text over the button in photoshop right from the start, that is. Make sure that you adjust the position/padding/width/height of the text to be similar to those of the button, so that it will be nicely centered on the top of it.
Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 17th, 2019, 5:47 am See now, you say these things, and you are winning my heart. lmao
I have a gf. I love her. I am trying my hardest to learn how to make this code to surprise her. She has no idea! haha
Well, what can I say - I'm a winner. I win hearts, skins, other people's girlfriends/boyfriends... :twisted:
Joking aside, that's a nice thing to do from your part, although Valentine's Day has passed :D I'm very much into women too, just with a more practical approach. Love might not be overrated, but it is relative for most people, so the safest approach from my perspective is to always keep that in mind. Going from flower to flower has its advantages... ;-)
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Yincognito wrote: February 17th, 2019, 1:35 pm You can't have a meter being both a button meter and a string one - it has to be of just one type. So, in your code, since the meter is of type Button, the Text option and other related Meter=String options will be ignored, as far as I know. What you need to do is "split" your meter types accordingly, meaning you'll have to make both a Button type meter and a String one on top of it. Something like it's explained here, by none other than the same jsmorley. Your code would probably have to look along the lines of:

[Variables]

[MT_Launcher_Button]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=Ultrabar.png

[MT_Launcher_Text]
Meter=String
X=0r
Y=0r
FontFace=Consolas
Padding=10,5,10,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Launcher"
In other words, you were correct in your assumption: you need to put the button meter before the string meter, but you need to have them both...unless you write the text over the button in photoshop right from the start, that is. Make sure that you adjust the position/padding/width/height of the text to be similar to those of the button, so that it will be nicely centered on the top of it.

Well, what can I say - I'm a winner. I win hearts, skins, other people's girlfriends/boyfriends... :twisted:
Joking aside, that's a nice thing to do from your part, although Valentine's Day has passed :D I'm very much into women too, just with a more practical approach. Love might not be overrated, but it is relative for most people, so the safest approach from my perspective is to always keep that in mind. Going from flower to flower has its advantages... ;-)
Thank you so much for helping me out, again, on this one, too! I think I have everything I need and I can finally finish what I am doing!!!

Haha, yeah, it wasn't supposed to be Valentine's gift, this is too big and important, it's gonna be for her birthdays. In the next month from now. By then, I'll be ready. I took the initiate to start working even way before that time, some days before my own birthdays since January, I am gonna finish it 100% by that time, when it comes and it's gonna be good!

Thank you for helping me out, everyone!!
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 18th, 2019, 5:44 am Thank you so much for helping me out, again, on this one, too! I think I have everything I need and I can finally finish what I am doing!!!

Haha, yeah, it wasn't supposed to be Valentine's gift, this is too big and important, it's gonna be for her birthdays. In the next month from now. By then, I'll be ready. I took the initiate to start working even way before that time, some days before my own birthdays since January, I am gonna finish it 100% by that time, when it comes and it's gonna be good!

Thank you for helping me out, everyone!!
Okay, I have an update! I think I am getting close, but, again, I hit a huge - for me it IS huge, for you guys it might be laughable... - wall...

Good news : I made some additions to the code, changed the sounds to something better, and also, managed to make and input my custom border image from Photoshop. It's visible and I also made it somehow to be executable, meaning, it can open/close the launcher.

Bad news : The image is way too large...I can move it only with the Y=0r, the W and H does not affect it at all, and there's no sound effect coming from it, only from the string launcher. I am thinking that I have to remove the string code or edit it, but I have absolutely no idea what to put and change, the example above looks solid, but I am still confused very much. I also tried to follow the steps on Jrsmoley, and thanks to that, I did the changes in the code, but...

I am THIS close to finally complete it, yet I am stuck. I have everything else under control and just copying/editing the codes accordingly to make it simple and nice, this is my only big issue.

Again, I have a strong feeling that this big issue of mine is gonna be a laughable matter to everyone here...I am sure you already know the answer to that and maybe I do, too, and once I see it, I'll be hitting my head at the wall. haha...

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1
;========================================================================
[Variables]
[MT_Launcher_Button]
Meter=Button
ButtonImage=#@#Images\Ultrabar.png
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text "Mouse OVER state"][!UpdateMeter MeterText][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text "Mouse OFF state"][!UpdateMeter MeterText][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption MeterText Text "Mouse DOWN state"][!UpdateMeter MeterText][!Redraw]
W=10
H=10
X=0r
Y=0r
[MeterText]
Meter=String
;FontSize=12
;FontColor=255,255,255,255
;SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=10,5,10,5
AntiAlias=1
;Y=10R
;Text=Move mouse over button
[MT_Launcher]
Meter=String
ButtonImage=Ultrabar.png
FontFace=Consolas
Padding=10,5,10,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Launcher"
ButtonCommand=
MouseOverAction=[!PLAYSTOP][PLAY "#@#Sounds\Hover.wav"]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!PLAYSTOP][PLAY "#@#Sounds\Click.wav"]
[MT_LauncherItem1]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Documents"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Documents"]
[MT_LauncherItem2]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Photos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Pictures"]
[MT_LauncherItem3]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Music"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Music"]
[MT_LauncherItem4]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Videos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Videos"]
[MT_LauncherItem5]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Notepad"
LeftMouseUpAction=["notepad"]
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:07 am Bad news : The image is way too large...I can move it only with the Y=0r, the W and H does not affect it at all, and there's no sound effect coming from it, only from the string launcher. I am thinking that I have to remove the string code or edit it, but I have absolutely no idea what to put and change, the example above looks solid, but I am still confused very much. I also tried to follow the steps on Jrsmoley, and thanks to that, I did the changes in the code, but...
The posted code isn't too helpful, since it uses some resources (images, sounds) which we don't have. Would be much easier if we'd have them. So please pack the whole config and upload it.
Two tips:
  • I noticed in your code that the Ultrabar.png image is used in two different ways: in the [MT_Launcher_Button] meter the ButtonImage is set to ButtonImage=#@#Images\Ultrabar.png, but in [MT_Launcher], it is set to ButtonImage=Ultrabar.png. Probably you don't have and don't use twice the same image. So, you should have to fix this issue.
  • You can't use the W and H options to resize a button meter (see the General meter options, here). That's why they don't work.
Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:07 am Again, I have a strong feeling that this big issue of mine is gonna be a laughable matter to everyone here...
No, it's not. No issue is laughable. What is simple for one, can be hard for another. No laughing at all.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Totally agree with balala. [MT_Launcher_Button] and [MT_Launcher] seem to have duplicate options trying to achieve the same thing, and some of the code in [MT_Launcher] is redundant. Like I said, there's no point in having Button meter options in a String meter, so you can safely delete the ButtonImage= and ButtonCommand= options from the [MT_Launcher] meter, while also moving the bangs from the MouseOverAction=, LeftMouseDownAction= and LeftMouseUpAction= options of [MT_Launcher] at the end of the [MT_Launcher_Button] corresponding options. That is, of course, if you want the skin to react on clicking on the image, and not the text. If you want to react to clicking on the text (e.g. if you want to have, say, different texts that can be reacted to on the image), just move the bangs from those 3 options above from [MT_Launcher_Button] to [MT_Launcher].

Anyway, just like balala said, I think it would be better to have our say once the whole contents of the skin (including the images you referred to) is available to us.

EDIT: If you need to have the "button(s)" resizable - that "Ultrabar" image leads me to think that you have a "status bar"-like image that you want to stretch on the width of the screen - you should use Image meters, that can be resized, scaled, etc. Of course, you would need to have a bang in each of the MouseOverAction=, LeftMouseUp= and LeftMouseDown= options that changes that image to a "hovered" one, a "pressed" one and a "released"/"normal" one, since the Image meter doesn't handle the visual effects of the pressed state automatically, like a Button meter would do.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:02 pm Totally agree with balala. [MT_Launcher_Button] and [MT_Launcher] seem to have duplicate options trying to achieve the same thing, and some of the code in [MT_Launcher] is redundant. Like I said, there's no point in having Button meter options in a String meter, so you can safely delete the ButtonImage= and ButtonCommand= options from the [MT_Launcher] meter, while also moving the bangs from the MouseOverAction=, LeftMouseDownAction= and LeftMouseUpAction= options of [MT_Launcher] at the end of the [MT_Launcher_Button] corresponding options. That is, of course, if you want the skin to react on clicking on the image, and not the text. If you want to react to clicking on the text (e.g. if you want to have, say, different texts that can be reacted to on the image), just move the bangs from those 3 options above from [MT_Launcher_Button] to [MT_Launcher].
Oh, I didn't even notice that [MT_Launcher] is a String meter. But it indeed is, so the ButtonImage option doesn't belong there. Nor the ButtonCommand option, but this last one isn't even completed.
And one more: in the [MT_Launcher] String meter you have both options, ButtonCommand and LeftMouseUpAction. Although on a String meter the ButtonCommand option can't be used, if it would be a Button meter, wouldn't be a good idea to define both options on a single meter. Read the Note here.
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:26 pm Oh, I didn't even notice that [MT_Launcher] is a String meter. But it indeed is, so the ButtonImage option doesn't belong there. Nor the ButtonCommand option, but this last one isn't even completed.
And one more: in the [MT_Launcher] String meter you have both options, ButtonCommand and LeftMouseUpAction. Although on a String meter the ButtonCommand option can't be used, if it would be a Button meter, wouldn't be a good idea to define both options on a single meter. Read the Note here.
Alright, that makes sense, I will try to follow your advice, and I will also upload what I am struggling with so far to give you a better idea, because you're right, it's one thing to say it and another to actually show.

It's the Launcher2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ao Nuu Shin on February 18th, 2019, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.