It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:13 pm

Disk tuning

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Agency

Disk tuning

Post by Agency »

I downloaded Elementary 3.0 skin from Deviant and how to add a second disk to the system? It shows only how much free space on disk D, but I don’t have a C drive at all. How to configure what would both the C and D disks show
https://www.deviantart.com/flyinghyrax/art/Elementary-3-0-426588102
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Disk tuning

Post by Yincognito »

Edit C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Elementary\System\shared.inc and replace with:

Code: Select all

drive=C:
drive2=D:
in the corresponding section (i.e. [Variables]) and then add:

[msrDrive2]
Measure=FreeDiskSpace
Drive=#drive2#
InvertMeasure=#showUsedDisk#
UpdateDivider=10
right after the [msrDrive] section.
Then, in the system-h.ini file from the same folder, add:

[mtrDrive2]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=msrDrive2
MeterStyle=allString | subString
X=150r
Y=0
Percentual=1
Text="#drive2#\ %1%"
right after the [mtrDrive] section.
Likewise, in the system-v.ini file from the same folder, add:

[mtrDrive2]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=msrDrive2
MeterStyle=allString | subString
X=0
Y=5R
AutoScale=1
NumOfDecimals=0
Text="#drive2#\ %1"
right after the [mtrDrive] section.
Save all the modified files by overwriting the originals, and then Refresh the System skin. That's all.
Basically, just copy-paste and making additional measures/meters for the D: drive. You can repeat the process accordingly for any additional drives you want to monitor.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 16th, 2019, 5:58 pm then add:

[msrDrive2]
Measure=FreeDiskSpace
Drive=#drive2#
InvertMeasure=#showUsedDisk#
UpdateDivider=10
right after the [msrDrive] section.
It's not absolutely necessary to add this section after [msrDrive]. It can be added anywhere. In case of meters there are two things which has to be taken into account: their position if they are positioned relative to each other and the drawing order (which meter to overlap which one). But in case of measures, they can be used in any order (here also are some exceptions, but not the case here).
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 16th, 2019, 6:30 pm It's not absolutely necessary to add this section after [msrDrive]. It can be added anywhere. In case of meters there are two things which has to be taken into account: their position if they are positioned relative to each other and the drawing order (which meter to overlap which one). But in case of measures, they can be used in any order (here also are some exceptions, but not the case here).
Agreed. Just wanted to make things easier to do, for someone less familarized with Rainmeter. And to avoid minor follow-up questions like "where do I put this?" and such.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 16th, 2019, 6:43 pm Agreed. Just wanted to make things easier to do, for someone less familarized with Rainmeter. And to avoid minor follow-up questions like "where do I put this?" and such.
Yes, probably you're right with this. Sometimes I forget how is when you don't know where to put some newly added sections. As such, reading your reply, I felt I have to intervene, to clarify this. Sorry...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 16th, 2019, 6:51 pm Yes, probably you're right with this. Sometimes I forget how is when you don't know where to put some newly added sections. As such, reading your reply, I felt I have to intervene, to clarify this. Sorry...
No need to justify yourself - you were correct in what you said. But yeah, you have to take practical considerations when giving an advice, according to how much the OP knows about the things you mention. Plus, writing the related measures and meters next to one another improves the clarity of the code, since you find all the related things in the same place in the file.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 16th, 2019, 7:00 pm No need to justify yourself - you were correct in what you said. But yeah, you have to take practical considerations when giving an advice, according to how much the OP knows about the things you mention. Plus, writing the related measures and meters next to one another improves the clarity of the code, since you find all the related things in the same place in the file.