It is currently April 16th, 2024, 4:23 am

Building a mini Launcher!!!! My last request.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ao Nuu Shin

Building a mini Launcher!!!! My last request.

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Hi. I think I am on a good track right now. I can make better pictures in photoshop on my own, I think coding wise everything is simple and nice, and I can make everything look decent so far, which I like! I have to thank MOSTLY Balala, he is a really amazing user and helped me literally on anything! Without his help, I would never be able to do half of what I did on my skin.

My last request though, might be tricky. I am interested in creating a Launcher. What is it about? Here are the details :

A long time ago, before my previous HDD goes bye bye, I had a skin from someone on Rainmeter. It was a mini Launcher that was like a button.

You could press on it, and a series of mini launchers were right beneath it / below it, with smaller text, but they all were executable.

EXAMPLE :

Text = Launcher
click on it :

Launcher
files
photos
music
videos
notepad

Just a click. No hover tricks, no sounds, nothing. And a click on it again to hide them, again. I think it was like that.

I am telling the truth, this thing exist, I am sure. I know you guys might not believe me, but, I hope if such a thing is possible at all? If I can learn the commands about it, I can make my own paths later on, I believe...but, I have no idea what are the right commands.

PS. I think I know for something like this, I have to use the commandbutton=leftmouseaction execute, right? <Not like this, obviously, I have the code saved.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Building a mini Launcher!!!! My last request.

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 7th, 2019, 5:04 am I have to thank MOSTLY Balala, he is a really amazing user and helped me literally on anything!
You're welcome. I always help with pleasure if I can. :great:
Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 7th, 2019, 5:04 am A long time ago, before my previous HDD goes bye bye, I had a skin from someone on Rainmeter. It was a mini Launcher that was like a button.

You could press on it, and a series of mini launchers were right beneath it / below it, with smaller text, but they all were executable.
Maybe someone will have a point what are you looking for, but I don't have. If you'll get a good idea, that's it, but otherwise I think we can create something similar. Let's wait a few days, to see if someone comes with a good hint.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

If I understand this correctly, something like this will offer you a good starting point to do what you want:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]

[MT_Launcher]
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Launcher"
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeterGroup "LauncherItemsGroup"][!Redraw]

[MT_LauncherItem1]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Documents"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Documents"]

[MT_LauncherItem2]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Photos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Pictures"]

[MT_LauncherItem3]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Music"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Music"]

[MT_LauncherItem4]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Videos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Videos"]

[MT_LauncherItem5]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Notepad"
LeftMouseUpAction=["notepad"]
If you want to hide the items not only after you click on "Launcher", but also when you click on one of its items, just add [!ToggleMeterGroup "LauncherItemsGroup"][!Redraw] as the first bangs of the item's LeftMouseUpAction option.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: February 7th, 2019, 2:31 pm You're welcome. I always help with pleasure if I can. :great:

Maybe someone will have a point what are you looking for, but I don't have. If you'll get a good idea, that's it, but otherwise I think we can create something similar. Let's wait a few days, to see if someone comes with a good hint.
Hey, Balala! Sorry, I was away for a couple of days, thanks for answering to my post! How are you?
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Yincognito wrote: February 7th, 2019, 3:50 pm If I understand this correctly, something like this will offer you a good starting point to do what you want:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]

[MT_Launcher]
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Launcher"
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeterGroup "LauncherItemsGroup"][!Redraw]

[MT_LauncherItem1]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Documents"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Documents"]

[MT_LauncherItem2]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Photos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Pictures"]

[MT_LauncherItem3]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Music"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Music"]

[MT_LauncherItem4]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Videos"
LeftMouseUpAction=["%USERPROFILE%\Videos"]

[MT_LauncherItem5]
Group=LauncherItemsGroup
Hidden=1
Meter=String
FontFace=Consolas
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Y=0R
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text="Notepad"
LeftMouseUpAction=["notepad"]
If you want to hide the items not only after you click on "Launcher", but also when you click on one of its items, just add [!ToggleMeterGroup "LauncherItemsGroup"][!Redraw] as the first bangs of the item's LeftMouseUpAction option.
Oh my God! Thank you! I will try this out and start working on it, I'll let you know how it went! Sorry I didn't answered earlier, I was away for a couple of days!

EDIT due to not be able to post so fast after answering : I copied, and run it, dude! You are amazing! You and Balala really helped me way too much! Can I put more things in that? Or am I gonna mess up with the code? I don't think I need to, like, you pretty much covered ANYTHING I wanted and expecting, just asking if a tweaking is possible with this code or if it's done and solid.

Like, what else could I want at this point? Can I add a browser, too? Like, "Chrome" for example? - It doesn't have to be chrome, it can be like anything, like, firefox, IE, Opera, anything.

Also, can I change the font/colors? Or this is impossible? My God, it is so beautiful the one you've made, I am afraid to mess with it now....

Also, sound effect! Can I add a sound effect everytime you hover the mouse pointer on the list? Like, going up and down making the same blip sound for example?

- I have the concepts, the ideas and the sounds and whatnot, I am just afraid to mess with the code and ruin it...maybe I'll make a copy of that code and start experimenting or something..
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 15th, 2019, 3:12 amCan I put more things in that? Or am I gonna mess up with the code? Also, can I change the font/colors?
Yes, no, and yes. To change the font you modify the FontFace= lines, and to change the colors the FontColor= lines - but you probably already knew that. You can add effects to them and what not, it won't break anything. I used that font and color as I had another simple test skin that I "reused" to make yours, and I didn't bother to change the font and colors, that's all.
Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 15th, 2019, 3:12 amAlso, sound effect! Can I add a sound effect everytime you hover the mouse pointer on the list? Like, going up and down making the same blip sound for example?
Yes, you can. Just add the lines:

MouseOverAction=[Play "c:\Windows\media\chord.wav"]
MouseLeaveAction=[Play "c:\Windows\media\ding.wav"]
to each (or whatever) item (e.g. [MT_LauncherItemN], where N is the item number) you want to do that, and replace the sounds according to your preference. What the above does is play a sound each time the mouse hovers over the item, and play another sound when the mouse "leaves" that item's area. If you want to play a sound also when you click on an item, just add a similar [Play "the path to whatever .wav you have"] at the end of the LeftMouseUpAction= lines from those particular items (or better said, meters corresponding to a particular item). Of course, you can do the same for the actual launcher meter (i.e. [MT_Launcher]) as well.
Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 15th, 2019, 3:12 am- I have the concepts, the ideas and the sounds and whatnot, I am just afraid to mess with the code and ruin it...maybe I'll make a copy of that code and start experimenting or something..
Don't be afraid - at all. That's how we all learn, by experimenting, and going into things "we're not supposed to". It's human nature. But yeah, you can make a copy of the code ... or you could just simply revisit the forum and take it back from here - it's not like it's running anywhere 8-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 15th, 2019, 3:07 am Hey, Balala! Sorry, I was away for a couple of days, thanks for answering to my post! How are you?
Thanks, I'm fine. Please let us know if Yincognito's solution helped you.
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Yincognito wrote: February 15th, 2019, 2:51 pm Yes, no, and yes. To change the font you modify the FontFace= lines, and to change the colors the FontColor= lines - but you probably already knew that. You can add effects to them and what not, it won't break anything. I used that font and color as I had another simple test skin that I "reused" to make yours, and I didn't bother to change the font and colors, that's all.

Yes, you can. Just add the lines:

MouseOverAction=[Play "c:\Windows\media\chord.wav"]
MouseLeaveAction=[Play "c:\Windows\media\ding.wav"]
to each (or whatever) item (e.g. [MT_LauncherItemN], where N is the item number) you want to do that, and replace the sounds according to your preference. What the above does is play a sound each time the mouse hovers over the item, and play another sound when the mouse "leaves" that item's area. If you want to play a sound also when you click on an item, just add a similar [Play "the path to whatever .wav you have"] at the end of the LeftMouseUpAction= lines from those particular items (or better said, meters corresponding to a particular item). Of course, you can do the same for the actual launcher meter (i.e. [MT_Launcher]) as well.

Don't be afraid - at all. That's how we all learn, by experimenting, and going into things "we're not supposed to". It's human nature. But yeah, you can make a copy of the code ... or you could just simply revisit the forum and take it back from here - it's not like it's running anywhere 8-)
I got very much invested in that code, thanks to you, man!! I experimented just a tiny bit, I made a launcher2.ini and started experimenting before reading this. So far, I did small things. Like, I changed the color of the paddle to grey kinda so it can look a slightly bit different than the line below. I also added a sound, but, it looks different from the ones you texted me, by a bit only. It looks like this : MouseOverAction=[!PLAYSTOP][PLAY "#@#Sounds\Blip.wav"]

What it does is simply, hovering with the mouse on it, it makes the sound I have on the R folder, and it sounds good. I was thinking to put this sound on the others too. Should I also put the second command line when it leaves? I only want it to be like once, like, hovering on it you can hear it, but not when moving away from it, because, the sound will probably overlap with the next item's sound, and I want to make it harmonic, not chaotic. hahah

I'll see If I can change and experiment more with this. Thank you so much for that, seriously...
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: February 15th, 2019, 2:58 pm Thanks, I'm fine. Please let us know if Yincognito's solution helped you.
Yes! It did really helped me! Oh, my friend, you and Yincognito are really cool! I guess I am pretty much done now with what I had in mind, still tweaking most of the things and experimenting with the codes all over again, but the final result will come out soon! I can do it now, thank you both so much for helping me out!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: February 15th, 2019, 8:44 pm Yes! It did really helped me! Oh, my friend, you and Yincognito are really cool! I guess I am pretty much done now with what I had in mind, still tweaking most of the things and experimenting with the codes all over again, but the final result will come out soon! I can do it now, thank you both so much for helping me out!
Glad to help. Let us know if you have any further question.