It is currently April 18th, 2024, 3:19 am

webparser dump doesn't include info I'm looking for

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
J-Mo

webparser dump doesn't include info I'm looking for

Post by J-Mo »

I'm trying to write a skin that tells me how long it will be until the next bus comes. RTD (my local transit company) has an app called Next Ride that uses the real-time position of the bus to predict the actual arrival time of the bus, rather than the scheduled time.

The website that I'm pulling the information from is: https://www.rtd-denver.com/app/nextride/stop/12603
I'd like a meter that says something like: "The next bus leaves in ## minutes"

However, the text file that I get from a WebParserDump doesn't have that info inside of it. (tried to attach the file and couldn't for some reason...)

But if I use the Inspector tool in Firefox, I can eventually find the text I want by drilling down through the "..." buttons (see attached image).

Basically, I'd like to know if and how Rainmeter can pull the information displayed under the "Next Time" column of the RTD NextRide page.

Any help is appreciated :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: webparser dump doesn't include info I'm looking for

Post by balala »

J-Mo wrote: February 13th, 2019, 8:47 pm Basically, I'd like to know if and how Rainmeter can pull the information displayed under the "Next Time" column of the RTD NextRide page.
Without entering too deep, I think there is no way of a such action, because unfortunately the site uses Java scripts. A WebPareser measure can't handle this type of sites.
Sorry...
J-Mo

Post by J-Mo »

Shucks. I thought that might be the answer, but was hoping for some magic...
Thanks for taking the time to reply though!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yes, WebParser simply returns the same thing you would get if you "view source" on a page in your web browser.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

J-Mo wrote: February 14th, 2019, 4:14 pm Shucks. I thought that might be the answer, but was hoping for some magic...
If you could find a "plain" version of the site, which doesn't use scripts, that would make it possible. I tried to find a such one, but failed. Do you have one?