It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:33 pm

Preventing download error in log

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Preventing download error in log

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: February 11th, 2019, 5:53 pm 4) Having an IfMatchAction on this child "enable" or "disable" another measure that will do the downloading.
So, you're disabling a WebParser measure as well, even if you've said:
jsmorley wrote: February 11th, 2019, 2:24 pm You really can't "disable" WebParser child measures, they are entirely under the control of the parent measure, so that isn't going to end up being the answer.
But this is exactly what I've said before, even if not posted a sample code. We're talking the same language, I think.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: February 11th, 2019, 6:16 pm So, you're disabling a WebParser measure as well, even if you've said:

But this is exactly what I've said before, even if not posted a sample code. We're talking the same language, I think.
Yes, I misspoke, as a measure with Download=1 on it is in effect a "parent" measure.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: February 11th, 2019, 6:20 pm Yes, I misspoke, as a measure with Download=1 on it is in effect a "parent" measure.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: February 11th, 2019, 6:13 pm Hope this is sufficient information.
Probably it is. If I'm not wrong you are on UTC-5, am I right? Just to know when the night will come.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

balala wrote: February 11th, 2019, 6:30 pm Probably it is. If I'm not wrong you are on UTC-5, am I right? Just to know when the night will come.
Yes, you will see that forecast change to night display at 1600 EST, which is UTC-5, as you said; so 2100 GMT. :sly:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: February 11th, 2019, 7:10 pm Yes, you will see that forecast change to night display at 1600 EST, which is UTC-5, as you said; so 2100 GMT. :sly:
Ok, I'll check it then.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

balala wrote: February 11th, 2019, 7:14 pm Ok, I'll check it then.
Or, you can visit St. John's, NL, where it is already nighttime forecast. And near the top-right of the page, there is a link where you can select any Canadian city, so you can switch back and forth between daytime/nighttime locations.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

jsmorley wrote: February 11th, 2019, 5:53 pm3) Creating a pure "child" measure to get the value from StringIndex=1 from the "parent". This will be "" if the parent has not returned a (capture).
4) Having an IfMatchAction on this child "enable" or "disable" another measure that will do the downloading.
Thanks once again for your sample code. Would it be possible for the current child measure to enable/disable itself? Since it already has IfMatchActions for the associated meter, could one simply add the enable/disable measure actions there?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

qwerky wrote: February 11th, 2019, 7:45 pm Thanks once again for your sample code. Would it be possible for the current child measure to enable/disable itself? Since it already has IfMatchActions for the associated meter, could one simply add the enable/disable measure actions there?
No, as the IfMatch action would take place "after" the Download=1 has already generated the error.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: February 10th, 2019, 10:38 pm The only issue is that, when there is no .gif file downloaded, the log shows an error. Is there a way to suppress that error?
Are you sure you get such error message? Because I don't get it for St. John's, NL. And no image is returned.
Log.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.