It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:19 pm

Complementary Colors

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Complementary Colors

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 10th, 2019, 7:39 pm Just my opinion, but the call to RainRGB should ALWAYS contain a "RefreshConfig=..." parameter, so all loaded skins are NOT refreshed.
Mine too. Agree.
However maybe would be nice to have a possibility to refresh group of skins. Something like a RefreshGroup parameter, instead of RefreshConfig.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 10th, 2019, 7:39 pmIn my opinion, it should only refresh the calling skin and have the skin author control what else is refreshed (skin groups, suites of skins, etc.).
This ^.

That's why I didn't continue after my small intervention here. You never know what an additional program does in the background - unless you already worked with it and you look at the logs and such.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: February 10th, 2019, 7:48 pm Mine too. Agree.
However maybe would be nice to have a possibility to refresh group of skins. Something like a RefreshGroup parameter, instead of RefreshConfig.
"RefreshConfig=..." can have multiple ConfigNames, but I would handle group refresh actions by setting RainRGB4 to only refresh the current skin, then add a separate !RefreshGroup bang to the actions.

I didn't try that with the OP's skin, but I believe that is how it should be done, especially if they expand the number of skins in "MyComplementarySkins" group. Something like this:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Addons\RainRGB4.exe" "VarName=ImageColor" "FileName=#@#Variables.inc" "RefreshConfig=Complementary Colors\Settings"][!SetOptionGroup Colors String "#*ImageColor*#"][!SetOptionGroup Strings FontColor "[*MeasureComplementaryColor*]"][!EnableMeasureGroup "Components"][!UpdateMeasureGroup "Colors"][!UpdateMeasureGroup "Components"][!Redraw][!RefreshGroup "MyComplimentarySkins"]
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 10th, 2019, 8:12 pm "RefreshConfig=..." can have multiple ConfigNames, but I would handle group refresh actions by setting RainRGB4 to only refresh the current skin, then add a separate !RefreshGroup bang to the actions.

I didn't try that with the OP's skin, but I believe that is how it should be done, especially if they expand the number of skins in "MyComplementarySkins" group. Something like this:

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Addons\RainRGB4.exe" "VarName=ImageColor" "FileName=#@#Variables.inc" "RefreshConfig=Complementary Colors\Settings"][!SetOptionGroup Colors String "#*ImageColor*#"][!SetOptionGroup Strings FontColor "[*MeasureComplementaryColor*]"][!EnableMeasureGroup "Components"][!UpdateMeasureGroup "Colors"][!UpdateMeasureGroup "Components"][!Redraw][!RefreshGroup "MyComplimentarySkins"]
That won't work, as RainRGB4 is not "blocking", and so the refresh will happen immediately, long before you can choose a color.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

And before you ask.... ;-)

I can no longer make any changes to RainRGB. It was written long ago using an old, out-of-date version of AutoIt, and the library for choosing the color that it uses, which is hideously complex, will no longer compile with recent versions of AutoIt.

So it is what it is...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: February 10th, 2019, 8:14 pm That won't work, as RainRGB4 is not "blocking", and so the refresh will happen immediately, long before you can choose a color.
I'm not sure I follow what you are saying. I am talking about controlling which config(s) get refreshed when you select a color in RainRGB4.

As I said, I didn't try the separate !RefreshGroup approach (and you should know!)...

To be clear, setting the "RefreshConfig=..." to a list of ConfigNames is the only way to control what is refreshed by RainRGB4... Correct?

P.S. I do not expect anything to change, only be able to help others understand what it does, and ways to control it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

What I'm saying is that in this action:

All of this:

[!SetOptionGroup Colors String "#*ImageColor*#"][!SetOptionGroup Strings FontColor "[*MeasureComplementaryColor*]"][!EnableMeasureGroup "Components"][!UpdateMeasureGroup "Colors"][!UpdateMeasureGroup "Components"][!Redraw][!RefreshGroup "MyComplimentarySkins"]

Will happen before you can ever choose a color with RainRGB4.exe. It will all happen before RainRGB4.exe even has a chance to fully stand itself up.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: February 10th, 2019, 8:21 pm I can no longer make any changes to RainRGB. It was written long ago using an old, out-of-date version of AutoIt, and the library for choosing the color that it uses, which is hideously complex, will no longer compile with recent versions of AutoIt.
I think it's not needed. Finally it can be used very well as it is. Especially that probably everyone use it just from time to time.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Ah, okay, I get what you were saying JSMorley... 8-)

Hopefully the OP will be able to use my original change that corrected their updating issue.

RainRGB4 is still the most popular color selecting tool :thumbup: , authors just need to read how to use it. :Whistle
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 10th, 2019, 8:35 pm Ah, okay, I get what you were saying JSMorley... 8-)

Hopefully the OP will be able to use my original change that corrected their updating issue.

RainRGB4 is still the most popular color selecting tool :thumbup: , authors just need to read how to use it. :Whistle
Refreshing a "group" would have been a nice touch in it, but that functionality didn't even exist in Rainmeter when I wrote the addon...