It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:28 pm

Request: drop down - note

General topics related to Rainmeter.
ole.elgaard

Request: drop down - note

Post by ole.elgaard »

Hi I am looking for a way, to have a "drop down" at the top of my screen, where I can press, and then an ONLINE note appears or a simple browser appears.

So I can change the content on my phone.

Hope you understand..
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Request: drop down - note

Post by balala »

ole.elgaard wrote: January 26th, 2019, 6:19 pm Hi I am looking for a way, to have a "drop down" at the top of my screen, where I can press, and then an ONLINE note appears or a simple browser appears.

So I can change the content on my phone.

Hope you understand..
No, me at least, didn't. But this has a skin request feeling, which isn't allowed here on this forum.
But we can help you to create it, starting from zero. Are you in?
ole.elgaard

Post by ole.elgaard »

Yes it could be really cool! Does it cost anything?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ole.elgaard wrote: January 26th, 2019, 8:11 pm Yes it could be really cool! Does it cost anything?
No, at all. Rainmeter is completely free and the skins created and posted here, same way as the help here on this forum, are free as well.
So, let's start. First create a new config with a skin: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/getting-started/creating-skins/#YourFirstSkin
Have you succeeded?
ole.elgaard

Post by ole.elgaard »

Thanks for your kindness, I made it with a browser down in the bottom.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I'm not very sure what you mean by
ole.elgaard wrote: January 27th, 2019, 8:40 pm Thanks for your kindness, I made it with a browser down in the bottom.
I suppose you've succeeded in creating a new skin. Am I right?
If I am and now you have the skin, add for first a simple Image meter, which can be clicked to perform the desired action.
Add this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[MeterToClick]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,240,0,180
X=0
Y=0
W=150
H=50
LeftMouseUpAction=- ADD HERE ACTION TO OPEN THE NOTE -
As I don't know how the online note can be shown, I don't know what to add in the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterToClick] meter. If you know, just add that action and you can start using (and testing) the skin. After a refresh you'll get a yellow rectangle, which when clicked performs the action given in the above LeftMouseupAction (probably opening the appropriate online note?).
The code definitely can be improved and we'll do this, but this is a good start. Please test the above code and let me know if it meets your desires.
ole.elgaard

Post by ole.elgaard »

hello again.
It works now. I found another solution :)

But I have another challenge .. I wish I could press a "rainmeter" icon and then update my browser "F5" is it possible to do this?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ole.elgaard wrote: February 9th, 2019, 8:01 pm I wish I could press a "rainmeter" icon and then update my browser "F5" is it possible to do this?
Depends on the involved browser. But anyway it's not an easy task.
If you're using Firefox here is a short description what to do: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4680109/how-to-reload-refresh-a-web-page-without-leaving-my-web-development-ide
Probably for other browsers, different solution could work, if any. :confused:
ole.elgaard

Post by ole.elgaard »

I have now tried to read the forum again. I use firefox, but can't get the VBS file created. could you help?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ole.elgaard wrote: February 9th, 2019, 8:27 pm I have now tried to read the forum again. I use firefox, but can't get the VBS file created. could you help?
I don't have installed Firefox, so here probably someone else will have to help you. Sorry...