It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:50 pm

WebParser value as URL for new WebParser

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: WebParser value as URL for new WebParser

Post by jsmorley »

qwerky wrote: February 8th, 2019, 12:51 am Oh, I think you've done it! :D

But unfortunately, I won't be able to test until tomorrow. Silly me :oops: , I think I've been blocked from the weather site! I forgot to put a UpdateRate=600 on that second parent meter in my main skin, so it was likely hitting the site every second. :?

But I can still access the weather site in a browser, so it seems it is only blocking Rainmeter, not everything from my IP. If I don't access it any more today, hopefully by tomorrow the block will be removed.
No, by default WebParser is set to UpdateRate=600. I doubt you are blocked, it's much more likely that WebParser is "hung" from being refreshed repeatedly while testing and simply restarting Rainmeter will sort that out.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

jsmorley wrote: February 8th, 2019, 12:53 am No, by default WebParser is set to UpdateRate=600. I doubt you are blocked, it's much more likely that WebParser is "hung" from being refreshed repeatedly while testing and simply restarting Rainmeter will sort that out.
Yep, yer rite agin. ;-)

And your solution is spot on, and working great. :great: Thank you!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Great. Glad to help.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

For some strange reason, now Rainmeter is frequently locking up, and I'm needing to restart it. I'm sure it has something to do with new code, but all that I've added is what we have been looking at. :confused:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

qwerky wrote: February 8th, 2019, 1:32 am For some strange reason, now Rainmeter is frequently locking up, and I'm needing to restart it. I'm sure it has something to do with new code, but all that I've added is what we have been looking at. :confused:
You just need to be sure to give both of the parent measures time to fully access the site and get data before you again refresh the skin.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Also, you were earlier using a #Variable# for UpdateRate in one or more places. Be very, very sure that that variable is defined correctly, and spelled right where used. You don't want to end up with UpdateRate=0.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

jsmorley wrote: February 8th, 2019, 2:05 am You just need to be sure to give both of the parent measures time to fully access the site and get data before you again refresh the skin.
Yes, working fine today. :thumbup:
jsmorley wrote: February 8th, 2019, 2:18 am Also, you were earlier using a #Variable# for UpdateRate in one or more places. Be very, very sure that that variable is defined correctly, and spelled right where used. You don't want to end up with UpdateRate=0.
Good advice. :welcome:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

qwerky wrote: February 9th, 2019, 1:48 am Yes, working fine today. :thumbup:
Good deal. Yeah, this one will be particularly sensitive to being refreshed repeatedly before it has time to finish. This is because of the peculiar nature of it, where a "parent" is creating a "child", which is then being used as a "parent", to create a "grandchild". Nothing wrong with this, WebParser certainly supports it, but you have to be a bit careful about manually interrupting it. The first parent is going to get its knickers in a knot if it is trying to populate the child measure, while the child measure is actively being a parent and going out to the internet.