It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:20 pm

Outer Glow and possible rainbow/chromatic effect on meter images?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ao Nuu Shin

Re: Outer Glow and possible rainbow/chromatic effect on meter images?

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: January 27th, 2019, 12:36 pm No, no, I didn't say you would lying or kidding. Although I don't think this would solve the problem, try to upgrade your Rainmeter to the latest 4.3 r3279, available on https://www.rainmeter.net/
If you do a such upgrade, please let me know if the problem persist.
I did upgraded just now and the problem still persist. It really makes me wonder...
xenium

Post by xenium »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: January 26th, 2019, 8:38 pm I was about to check my rm's version and I found out this has like 2 errors on that skin...hmm...
For the error to disappear ,copy (not move !) the test1.png image from @Resources \ Images (and) in @Resources folder.
Then refresh skin
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xenium wrote: January 27th, 2019, 1:30 pm For the error to disappear ,copy (not move !) the test1.png image from @Resources \ Images (and) in @Resources folder.
Then refresh skin
Yes, but I doubt this would fix the outer border error. I don't have this second outer border, so I don't know what to say. Maybe you xenium or anyone else could give it a try to see if you have the second border as well?
If you want to give it a try, please download and install the skin uploaded by Ao Nuu Shin in this post. Check to have the Thickness variable set to 12 (Thickness=12) into the [Variables] section of the Julia's BDay gift\Chromatic Counterbug prgm\Chromatic Notepad\Chromatic Notepad.ini skin and refresh the skin. How many borders do you see, one (Image) or two (Image)?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Seems to work right for me...
GIF.gif
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: January 27th, 2019, 2:53 pm Seems to work right for me...
Thanks jsmorley, I think in this case there something weird is going on to Ao Nuu Shin's side.

Ao Nuu Shin, please try to move the skin a bit somewhere else on your desktop. Simply get and drag it a bit.
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: January 27th, 2019, 3:27 pm Thanks jsmorley, I think in this case there something weird is going on to Ao Nuu Shin's side.

Ao Nuu Shin, please try to move the skin a bit somewhere else on your desktop. Simply get and drag it a bit.
I grabbed the whole skin folder and moved it in the desktop.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:36 pm I grabbed the whole skin folder and moved it in the desktop.
That is so NOT what Balala meant... ;-)
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

jsmorley wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:38 pm That is so NOT what Balala meant... ;-)
He said to drag it somewhere else in the desktop. I am using a shortcut from the rainmeter folder, but I dragged the skin folder of it - the skin I am working on - and dragged it in desktop. I don't know what else he could meant.
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:36 pm I grabbed the whole skin folder and moved it in the desktop.
Balala, if you meant to drag just the notepad skin in the desktop, I did it many times over these days and every time we were making changes to the code to make sure that it was a position/reposition problem.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: January 29th, 2019, 7:42 pm He said to drag it somewhere else in the desktop. I am using a shortcut from the rainmeter folder, but I dragged the skin folder of it - the skin I am working on - and dragged it in desktop. I don't know what else he could meant.
It meant to leave the config / skin where they are (if you move it / them to desktop, you can't even use the skin anymore - especially not after a Refresh all), or move it back and grab the skin on desktop and drag that one. The skin itself, not its folder / config:
GIF.gif