It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:13 pm

Rainmeter for changing parameters in .avs file (AVISYNTH)?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter for changing parameters in .avs file (AVISYNTH)?

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: January 7th, 2019, 8:06 pm Doing it this way, yes, it can be done, but later processing is required, as yourself wrote, to remove section and option names.
Question is if it worth? :confused:
Well, the real question was actually "can it be done"? :D But yeah, I agree with you that copy pasting in those .avs files would take less time than designing a skin to do this. Of course, making a skin on this would mean that the OP won't copy paste anymore (thus, not wasting time with it) ... but in the future.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: January 7th, 2019, 8:31 pm Well, the real question was actually "can it be done"?
Ok, you're right in more questions, like the above one. But now let's wait for OP's reply, to see what he thinks and how want he to continue this.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: January 7th, 2019, 8:45 pm Ok, you're right in more questions, like the above one. But now let's wait for OP's reply, to see what he thinks and how want he to continue this.
Ok, I'll give up on teasing you ;-) But just for the record if in the skin I uploaded you replace the line

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue SomeRandomSectionName Row001 "#Row001#" "#@#AVSScript.avs"]
with

LeftMouseUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue SomeRandomSectionName Row001 "#CRLF##Row001#" "#@#AVSScript.avs"]
(basically add a line feed character to separate the Row001= string from the real AVS row) and write this

type AVSScript.avs | findstr /v "Row001=" | findstr /v "\[SomeRandomSectionName\]">AVSScriptFinal.avs
in a batch file you run with the RunCommand plugin (or maybe you can run this directly in the Parameter option, I don't know), you achieve the desired result in the AVSScriptFinal.avs file. Assuming that you don't want to read the rows and then modify them in Rainmeter, in which case you just set the section name to [Variables] and use an @Include clause like I wrote in my previous replies.

Basically, it would take more time to design the skin than to do what the actual process would need to. Now we can wait for the OP's reply, my mission is completed. 8-)
Last edited by Yincognito on January 7th, 2019, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: January 7th, 2019, 9:03 pm Basically, it would take more time to design the skin than to do what the actual process would need to. Now we can wait for the OP's reply, my mission is completed. 8-)
I agree. Let's wait him.