It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:42 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Art3mis Jinx

Re: ModernGadgets 1.4.1

Post by Art3mis Jinx »

raiguard wrote: January 6th, 2019, 8:15 pm Odd. Could you open up the log and tell me if it says anything when you click a color button? If you don't know how to open the log, just right-click on the Rainmeter tray icon on the taskbar, and click About.
It doesn't show anything in the log when I try.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Art3mis Jinx wrote: January 6th, 2019, 9:58 pm It doesn't show anything in the log when I try.
Try running Rainmeter as administrator?

If that doesn't work, open the gadget manager (accessed through the wrench icon on one of the gadgets) and click the MG Skins Folder button. From there, navigate to @Resources\Addons\RainRGB and see if it contains RainRGB4.exe.
redeven

Post by redeven »

raiguard wrote: January 6th, 2019, 5:19 pm Hmm. Do you have the CoreTemp application installed and/or running? Your CPU Meter is trying to take the clock speed from CoreTemp rather than HWiNFO. If you have CoreTemp, go ahead and uninstall it and see if that fixes the issue.
Thank you! That was it.

Only issue is without CoreTemp it didn't show my temps natively. Had to open the Shared Memory Viewer and update manually every core because it's set up for individual core temps with separate EntryIds, but my CPU only has a single Tdie sensor.

It's all good now (I hope).

EDIT: I also had to manually set Fan Speed but it's okay, it didn't even show before.

EDIT 2: After some PC crashes and stupid driver issues, my Disk Meter shows 100% usage permanently, no idea how to fix it. Task Manager and HWINFO both show proper usage.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

redeven wrote: January 6th, 2019, 10:28 pm EDIT 2: After some PC crashes and stupid driver issues, my Disk Meter shows 100% usage permanently, no idea how to fix it. Task Manager and HWINFO both show proper usage.
This is a common issue. Click here to learn how to fix it.
redeven

Post by redeven »

raiguard wrote: January 7th, 2019, 3:50 am This is a common issue. Click here to learn how to fix it.
Thank you! That definitely did the trick. Everything should be working now.
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

raiguard wrote: January 6th, 2019, 5:20 pm That's awesome! Could you tell me how you're getting this info? You said something about USB?
All the Corsair PSU's with an "i" in the name, AX1200i In my case, have digital controllers in them. There is a port on the unit that goes into either a USB dongle for connecting to an internal USB header on the motherboard or into a Corsair Link unit. Either way allows the Corsair software and HWinfo to poll the device.

I think there are a few other PSU's from other brands with similar functionality.
av8er

Post by av8er »

Hi, Thanks for this wonderful skin. I have a i9 9900k and in the CPU Usage skin it shows all 16 cores. Is there a way to just show the 8 real cores and not the HT cores? a checkbox in the settings to turn HT cores display off would be great.

Would it be possible to create a monitor for Watercoolers? I've cobbled together one that shows me the coolant temp but it does not match the look of the rest of your monitors. I'm running an Corsair H150i pro that shows in HWInfo w/4 items: Fluid temp, pump speed, Fan 1-3.

Thanks
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

av8er wrote: January 9th, 2019, 6:03 pm Hi, Thanks for this wonderful skin. I have a i9 9900k and in the CPU Usage skin it shows all 16 cores. Is there a way to just show the 8 real cores and not the HT cores? a checkbox in the settings to turn HT cores display off would be great.

Would it be possible to create a monitor for Watercoolers? I've cobbled together one that shows me the coolant temp but it does not match the look of the rest of your monitors. I'm running an Corsair H150i pro that shows in HWInfo w/4 items: Fluid temp, pump speed, Fan 1-3.

Thanks
1) I'll consider it, but I'm trying to keep myself from feature creeping too much, because my time to work on MG is running short.

2) Unfortunately this wouldn't be feasible because absolutely every water-cooler is different. Sorry. However, I've been thinking about including a 'tutorial skin' in this suite that is basically a blank slate, to allow people to create their own custom gadgets using the system I developed. Stay tuned.
av8er

Post by av8er »

raiguard wrote: January 9th, 2019, 9:35 pm 2) Unfortunately this wouldn't be feasible because absolutely every water-cooler is different. Sorry. However, I've been thinking about including a 'tutorial skin' in this suite that is basically a blank slate, to allow people to create their own custom gadgets using the system I developed. Stay tuned.
I was thinking that it could be done similarly to the GPU monitor, have a short list of items/features(4 or 5) that you have to attach the right ID and Instance with the HWiNFO SMV.

Anyway the blank slate sounds like a great idea too!

Thanks
prophet4NO1

Post by prophet4NO1 »

raiguard wrote: January 9th, 2019, 9:35 pm However, I've been thinking about including a 'tutorial skin' in this suite that is basically a blank slate, to allow people to create their own custom gadgets using the system I developed. Stay tuned.
That is an idea I like! Very cool.