It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:17 pm

What do I have to write behind LeftMouseUpAction= to open a path in the @Resources folder?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
gtjgtj

What do I have to write behind LeftMouseUpAction= to open a path in the @Resources folder?

Post by gtjgtj »

I am a beginner at Rainmeter and new here in this forum.
I have a seemingly simple question:

I already tried LeftMouseUpAction=[#@#Folder\] - but it doesn't work. :(

Who can help me?
Last edited by gtjgtj on January 4th, 2019, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: What do I have to write behind LeftMouseUpAction= to open a path in the @Resources folder?

Post by balala »

gtjgtj wrote: January 4th, 2019, 5:19 pm I already tried LeftMouseUpAction=[#@#Folder\] - but it doesn't work. :(
What you've tried is alright, but if the path contains spaces, you have to quote it. Try this: LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Folder\"]
gtjgtj

Re: What do I have to write behind LeftMouseUpAction= to open a path in the @Resources folder?

Post by gtjgtj »

The folder name does not contain any spaces.
The folder path should be #@#Fonts, which I want to open with a click.

(...Rainmeter\mySkinset\@resources\Fonts)

With LeftMouseUpAction= ["# @ # Fonts \"] it doesn't work. When I execute the click the Rainmeter.net website always opens...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gtjgtj wrote: January 4th, 2019, 5:58 pm With LeftMouseUpAction= ["# @ # Fonts \"] it doesn't work. When I execute the click the Rainmeter.net website always opens...
With LeftMouseUpAction= ["# @ # Fonts \"] not, but with LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Fonts"] it should have to, especially if a #@#Fonts path really exists.
what is the exact and full path of the folder you would like to open?
gtjgtj

Post by gtjgtj »

The full Path is D:\User\Jens\Rainmeter\Skins\GTJLCARS_01\@Resources\Fonts
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gtjgtj wrote: January 4th, 2019, 8:03 pm The full Path is D:\User\Jens\Rainmeter\Skins\GTJLCARS_01\@Resources\Fonts
Are you working with a skin contained into the GTJLCARS_01 config? Because since the path doesn't contains spaces at all, both LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Fonts"] and LeftMouseUpAction=[#@#Fonts] should have to work.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

I've been there before. If you created the folder "@Resources" yourself make sure you didn't make a typo like "@Resurces" (check the folder to make sure that this is how it's called) or something like that. Also, make sure your path doesn't have a typo either if for some reason you wrote it yourself by looking at it and typing it. It is most certainly a typo if you say that the website opens when you put that.
gtjgtj

Post by gtjgtj »

OK, I just entered the whole folder path (via drag and drop) - so it worked.
Then I deleted everything except "Fonts" and added #@#.
That worked too.

Now it looks like this: LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Fonts"]

What was different than before? Do you see my mistake? :(

Thank you for your help :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gtjgtj wrote: January 6th, 2019, 12:48 pm Now it looks like this: LeftMouseUpAction=["#@#Fonts"]

What was different than before? Do you see my mistake? :(
The only difference I see is the quotation, which first time wasn't added. But if the previously posted path:
gtjgtj wrote: January 4th, 2019, 8:03 pm The full Path is D:\User\Jens\Rainmeter\Skins\GTJLCARS_01\@Resources\Fonts
is correct, those quotations shouldn't have to matter, as the path doesn't contain spaces. I don't know what to say. Are you absolutely sure the config's name is not GTJLCARS 01 (with space, not with underline)? Maybe try one more time to remove them, to see what happens in this case.
gtjgtj

Post by gtjgtj »

Sorry for my late answer - I'm on the road a lot... :confused:

OK, maybe it's the underscore...

I have other skins from other users and some even have a space in the skin name. For testing I copied my font folder in the @Resources folder of Illustro and adapted the welcome skin so that a link opens the font folder. That works.

So I guess it's the underscore in my skin name. However, my background image is also in the @Resources folder and I link it to Background=#@#Backgrounds\xyz.png. There it works.