It is currently March 19th, 2024, 10:24 am

Sound Rings

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Sound Rings

Post by eclectic-tech »

kyriakos876 wrote: November 30th, 2018, 11:11 am Okay, so... more bad news... I tried to load the skin many times but it kept making Rainmeter unresponsive... I ended the task with task manager and then I couldn't get Rainmeter to run until I went to Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\SoundRings and deleted everything. Then Rainmeter ran normally. That's pretty weird...
If you wanna check via Team Viewer, dm me because I cant record full screen for more than 4 seconds with GIFCam and I don't know of any good screen recorder either.
Very strange... I will be gone all weekend, but will check back next week. I added an update v 1.2018.11.30 with scaling using mouse scrolls, but doubt it will change anything for your situation.

This is a pretty simple skin and do not see how it would cause your issue, but if I remember correctly, your system also didn't like the Frosted Glass plugin I used in one of my other skins. I will think about this, but I don't expect to find a solution for you. :???:
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

I tried running other visualizer skins only to find out that none of them work. Did some more digging, turns out there's something wrong with my sound drivers/ Bluetooth. When I turn the Bluetooth on the sound drivers crash for some reason... Windows doing what windows does I guess... Sorry for the miss-alarm.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

kyriakos876 wrote: November 30th, 2018, 2:24 pm I tried running other visualizer skins only to find out that none of them work. Did some more digging, turns out there's something wrong with my sound drivers/ Bluetooth. When I turn the Bluetooth on the sound drivers crash for some reason... Windows doing what windows does I guess... Sorry for the miss-alarm.
No problem... glad you found something that may help remedy getting visualizers working for you. :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 30th, 2018, 3:18 pm No problem... glad you found something that may help remedy getting visualizers working for you. :thumbup:
Went to the Microsoft forums and found that others had this issue, I uninstalled all the sound drivers and rebooted as suggested in the forums, now everything works fine. :D
jsmorley wrote: November 30th, 2018, 3:23 pm Best Laptops 2018
Ew, I don't own a laptop and I'm not gonna...I see them as a waste of money if you don't NEED the portability. I just have a pcie Bluetooth card on my motherboard. :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: November 30th, 2018, 3:23 pm Best Laptops 2018
Nor me don't think a new hardware would be needed. Probably an update of drivers would help. Or finally if this doesn't, eventually a clean Windows reinstall (hard, but not impossible)?