It is currently April 20th, 2024, 9:25 am

Click through doesn't work properly

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
GioRgSaVv

Click through doesn't work properly

Post by GioRgSaVv »

Hello guys, I have a problem with rainmeter. Every time I play a game only one skin is shown(top most), an audio player skin. It just shows song's name, artist's name and a progress bar, the skin is top most but click through and some times when I click it it shows the desktop, it automatically changes windows, it's like alt tabbing.
How can I fix this? How to get a real click through function?
(I was lucky that I was playing Mundo and went "afk" in the middle of the fight exactly in the center and by the time I returned I was still full HP)
But this occurred many times, since I got this skin, since I decided that I will use a skin in top most mode while playing games.

(I posted this in rainmeter application topic because this happens with all skins and not just with this one. I was using some other skins earlier which had the same problem. I don't know what is causing this problem tho, update rates maybe? )
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Click through doesn't work properly

Post by jsmorley »

GioRgSaVv wrote: November 26th, 2018, 12:28 am Hello guys, I have a problem with rainmeter. Every time I play a game only one skin is shown(top most), an audio player skin. It just shows song's name, artist's name and a progress bar, the skin is top most but click through and some times when I click it it shows the desktop, it automatically changes windows, it's like alt tabbing.
How can I fix this? How to get a real click through function?
(I was lucky that I was playing Mundo and went "afk" in the middle of the fight exactly in the center and by the time I returned I was still full HP)
But this occurred many times, since I got this skin, since I decided that I will use a skin in top most mode while playing games.

(I posted this in rainmeter application topic because this happens with all skins and not just with this one. I was using some other skins earlier which had the same problem. I don't know what is causing this problem tho, update rates maybe? )
What game?
Rowm

Post by Rowm »

Hi. I'm having the same issue with a skin I'm using.
This skin is a crosshair for shooter games. It stays on top of all windows and is at the center of the screen.
However, when I'm moving the mouse in the game and clicking mouse button the skin captures the click and becomes the focused app ruining the game.
The click through is enabled.
I'm new to Rainmeter and would appreciate some guidance.

I need to:
  • prevent the skin from any interaction with the mouse, with or without any keys on the keyboard pressed - should never register clicks, never!
  • disable the skin transparency entirely as it degrades the performance otherwise.
How can I do this, what should I be aware of - functions, properties etc.
Looking forward to some time saving hints, gonna check the documentation in the mean time.
Thanks in advance.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You really should not run Rainmeter skins set to "Stay topmost" when playing DirectX games. It's not going to be possible to have the mouse interactions be reliable, as games are a completely different graphics engine and environment than Rainmeter, and the rest of your desktop. You simply will not be able to have the skin reliably "ignore" mouse actions on it at all times.
Rowm

Post by Rowm »

Even if the game is running in windowed mode? So, this will not work as I want it to?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Rowm wrote: November 28th, 2018, 2:07 am Even if the game is running in windowed mode? So, this will not work as I want it to?
Correct. Windowed mode has nothing to do with it really.
Rowm

Post by Rowm »

OK, gonna have to think about some other solution. Thanks for a quick tip, saved me some time here.
Interesting idea and a platform though, maybe will use it for some of my other needs. Have a great day.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Rowm wrote: November 28th, 2018, 2:11 am OK, gonna have to think about some other solution. Thanks for a quick tip, saved me some time here.
Interesting idea and a platform though, maybe will use it for some of my other needs. Have a great day.
You too!