It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:05 pm

No audio detected.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
theteek96

No audio detected.

Post by theteek96 »

I know this seems like a skin problem, but according to a test skin, it has to be rainmeter itself. I am trying to use the monstercat visualizer that is oh so popular. I set it up and play a song via winamp. The album cover and the title appear, but the bars dont move. Ive tried everything. I think its that rainmeter isnt getting the audio. I tested it to make sure it wasnt the skin, using the test skin from Active Colors. It didnt show there either. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: No audio detected.

Post by balala »

Have you followed Active Colors AudioLevel plugin troubleshooting?
theteek96

Post by theteek96 »

balala wrote: November 17th, 2018, 6:38 pm Have you followed Active Colors AudioLevel plugin troubleshooting?
Ive done it all.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

theteek96 wrote: November 17th, 2018, 6:42 pm Ive done it all.
Try restarting your computer. Not sure it'll help, but just try it.
theteek96

Post by theteek96 »

Did that too. Nothing seems to be working.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

theteek96 wrote: November 17th, 2018, 7:15 pm Did that too. Nothing seems to be working.
Have you increased the volume? I hope you did, just ask to be sure.
Please give the exact link where you have downloaded the skin to can try it out.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

theteek96 wrote: November 17th, 2018, 6:42 pm Ive done it all.
Are you seeing any error messages in the Log? (Right-click Rainmeter tray icon, select About)

If you see "Error: Failed to initialize audio..." then you have a program on your PC that has exclusive control of the audio (Nahamic, Sonic, etc.) and you need to disable that program before any Rainmeter visualizer will work. :x
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 17th, 2018, 9:06 pm Are you seeing any error messages in the Log? (Right-click Rainmeter tray icon, select About)

If you see "Error: Failed to initialize audio..." then you have a program on your PC that has exclusive control of the audio (Nahamic, Sonic, etc.) and you need to disable that program before any Rainmeter visualizer will work. :x
Probably this is the issue. You've confirmed again you're a real expert of this plugin. :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: November 17th, 2018, 9:15 pm Probably this is the issue. You've confirmed again you're a real expert of this plugin. :thumbup:
dgrace is the author and "expert" :) ... let's see what the OP finds. :???:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: November 17th, 2018, 9:21 pm dgrace is the author and "expert" :) ... let's see what the OP finds. :???:
Yep, you're not the author, but still an expert. Yes, finally we have to wait what the OP says, but I think you're on the right way to find out what is causing the skin not to work. I didn't even think to what you've figured out. However yes, I'm not working too much this plugin.