It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:12 am

illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated RMSKIN to V 1.2018.10.24 in first post with some changes reported by members... Thanks! 8-)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I would probably add a small "close skin" to the weather location skin. Maybe just an "X".

or...

eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: October 24th, 2018, 2:58 pm I would probably add a small "close skin" to the weather location skin. Maybe just an "X".
I am considering that on the 'settings' skins (ones that you normally do not display).

I will probably do that, but in keeping with a learning experience, knowing you can right-click any skin to access the context menu and 'unload', is a lesson new users need to be aware of... (I think I remember seeing you post that :sly: )

Thanks for the continued feedback!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Another thought, which I use in my weather skin, is to not bury those setting under "Custom skin actions" in the context menu. I would be tempted to make them front-and-center, with a menu item to get the user to the normal skin context menu.

Code: Select all

RightMouseUpAction=[!SkinCustomMenu]
ContextTitle=Location: [CityNameChild]
ContextAction=[]
ContextTitle2=Time: [ObservationTimeChild]
ContextAction2=[]
ContextTitle3=----
ContextAction3=[]
ContextTitle4=Change to Fahrenheit
ConTextAction4=[!WriteKeyValue Variables UnitOfMeasure "i" "#@#WXDataWeatherVars.inc"][!Refresh]
ContextTitle5=Change to Celsius
ConTextAction5=[!WriteKeyValue Variables UnitOfMeasure "m" "#@#WXDataWeatherVars.inc"][!Refresh]
ContextTitle6=Change Location Code
ContextAction6=[!ActivateConfig "JSMeter\WXDataWeather\WXDataLocation" "WXDataLocation.ini"]
ContextTitle7=Open @Includes folder
ContextAction7=["#@#"]
ContextTitle8=----
ContextAction8=[]
ContextTitle9=More actions ...
ContextAction9=[!SkinMenu]
1.png
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

You could always add "Refresh skin" and "Unload skin" to those custom context items...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: October 24th, 2018, 3:09 pm You could always add "Refresh skin" and "Unload skin" to those custom context items...
Yes, I have made the custom context menu the default and will add that technique to the Weather skin.

In looking at the Locator, it seems during my testing, I removed the scale feature :o
It's scary what can happen to your code when you use !WriteKeyValue and constantly change and test code :sly: :lol:

I will get an update posted a little later today with those suggestions and a scale-able Locator!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Made a few tweaks to the skins (File in first post updated)

Show Custom skin menu on Weather skin when right-clicked
Added an 'X' to the Weather and Option skins to make it easy to close those skins
Corrected the Title vertical position in the TransformationMatrix to maintain relationship
Moved the scaling measure to the include file (simplified common code)
Reduced the default transparency of opaque and accent colors for better text display on busy background

Working on optional Zoom based on skin screen position; may never add that feature, but it would be cool! 8-)

Thanks for all the testing and comments :great:
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Excuse me sir,
I see bars in your 2 Disks.ini code
ExcuuuuuseMe.png
But I don't see them here unless I get so close to my screen that I can see the RGB written on each pixel...
Maybe use some different color for that? :great:

In a dark wallpaper it's kinda better
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

As usually, this is a nice suite, however I'd have two comments (if permitted):
  • Same as kyriakos876 above: I practically can't see the bars of the disks. Take into account to change the colors, please.
  • Although this isn't a big issue, however I have to say that in the 2 Disks.ini skin you've set the Sacale variable to Scale=2. In all other skins it is set to Scale=1. Due to this, the 2 Disks.ini loads bigger than the other skins. As I said, not a problem however it looks ugly when loaded. Maybe fix this into a next release (if there will be any).
  • The illustra\Locator\WXDataLocation.ini skin usually works well, however sometimes a small background resizing issue occurs. I tried to make a search of my own location, so I entered gheorgheni into the searching box and I got the appropriate two existing locations. The issue is with the background, which wasn't properly resized (see the attached image). I'm not sure if this happens all times when there are exactly two results (couldn't find another location which gives two), but for me this happened.
Otherwise congratulations, looking very good.
Attachments
Weather.png
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks guys... I made the changes you noted; fix one thing, break another! ;-)

I reverted the bar color to the "illustro gold" for clearer display.
You can set the variable #colorBar# to any color in the @Includes\SysColors.inc file

I design the skins to have individual scaling for flexibility in positioning. I am reluctant to force the same scale to every skin and would like to know what others think on that. As balala noted, it can be "jarring" when you load a variant or another skin with a different scale. :confused:

Updated attached RMSKIN in first post