It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:44 pm

Scaling InputText Input Boxes and Dynamically Sized Border Images

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Scaling InputText Input Boxes and Dynamically Sized Border Images

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 24th, 2018, 2:18 pm TransformationMatrix normally scales from the top-left corner of the meter.
You can force it to use a different point by changing the last to numbers.
Not absolutely necessary: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29735&p=153921&hilit=transformationmatrix#p153921
As yourself said, you can force the resize to any point.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yes indeed, as you show, the stationary point of scaling in a TransformationMatrix can be controlled by the last 2 values.

My main point is the DEFAULT scaling used in Shape meters (center of the shape) is NOT the same as the default scale used in TransformationMatrix, unless you modify one or the other methods to match.

Raiguard was using #Scale# as the last 2 values of his TransformationMatrix and extra formulas in his shape meter to try to match.
I think there is a simpler way, which is to match the scaling action of the 2 methods.

Who said scaling skins was easy?! :uhuh:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 24th, 2018, 6:16 pm My main point is the DEFAULT scaling used in Shape meters (center of the shape) is NOT the same as the default scale used in TransformationMatrix, unless you modify one or the other methods to match.
I agree, unless...
Yep, there is an unless. Because in fact, TransformationMatrix doesn't have a "default scale" (I think you've talked here about the default position of the mentioned stationary point, right?). The last two parameters of the TransformationMatrix option MUST be specified, you can't let Rainmeter to use some default values (which don't even exist), because this way the option doesn't work.
And be careful, because putting 0 and 0 as the last two parameters of the TransformationMatrix option, you set the stationary point as the upper left corner of THE SKIN, not of the meter. These two points coincide ONLY if the position of the meter which has applied the TransformationMatrix option is X=0 and Y=0.
To set the stationary point as the upper left corner of the meter, put there [#CURRENTSECTION#:X], respectively [#CURRENTSECTION#:Y] (along with the appropriate DynamicVariables=1 option).
eclectic-tech wrote: October 24th, 2018, 6:16 pm Who said scaling skins was easy?! :uhuh:
No one. Same for the whole TransformationMatrix option, which also isn't easy at all. It requires a bit of effort (and math knowledge) to can understand it.
:thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks for the comments!

:headbang: I am still gaining knowledge on this and may used some inaccurate terms :oops:
Keep adding to the conversation and correcting anything that isn't clear :17good
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 24th, 2018, 7:07 pm I am still gaining knowledge on this and may used some inaccurate terms :oops:
Keep adding to the conversation and correcting anything that isn't clear :17good
Don't worry, nothing related to TransformationMatrix is obvious or easy. But I'm glad if I could tell something new and you had "gain knowledge".
Also please keep correcting me if needed (especially, but not just my English).