It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:22 pm

Installing Rainmeter

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
helpfixmycomp

Re: Installing Rainmeter

Post by helpfixmycomp »

balala wrote: October 22nd, 2018, 3:22 pm That's why I said helpfixmycomp to try to install something else. To see if it installs properly in C:\Program Files or something will go wrong again.
Can you give me specific trustworthy software to install?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

helpfixmycomp wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 12:22 am I am pretty sure that I would have bits of previous Rainmeter installations left over.

I would like if you could go on my computer to fix it but I would have to ask my Dad because he always wants me to be very careful on the internet. It is a dangerous place...
Would you be able to access my entire computer or only things that relate to Rainmeter?
If I were your dad I wouldn't like it. I could in theory access your entire computer, although you could kick me off at any time. Still, you don't know me, and your dad is right, the internet is a dangerous place.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

I will add that you see what is going all the time and you have control over the person connected. So if you he tries to do something you don't like you stop him before, by clicking the X button on the bottom right corner of your screen that will appear once he is connected to your PC.
Also, if your dad has time, he could supervise the procedure.
You can even download TeamViewer from Google play on your phone and connect to your PC, to see how it works before trusting someone else.
All of these aside, ask your dad for whatever you decide on doing.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

helpfixmycomp wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 12:24 am Can you give me specific trustworthy software to install?
TeamViewer for example. This way, you get both: the answer to question if it installs correctly and you get the tool to let jsmorley to take a look and find (probably) the solution.
helpfixmycomp

Post by helpfixmycomp »

jsmorley I'm very curious if you work for Rainmeter/are you a Rainmeter employee? (As you have so many posts)
Last edited by helpfixmycomp on October 24th, 2018, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

helpfixmycomp wrote: October 24th, 2018, 4:49 am jsmorley I'm just wondering if you work for Rainmeter/are you a Rainmeter employee?
We are not a company that has "employees". I am one of several developers that work on the Rainmeter project, which is open-source and a community and voluntary effort.
helpfixmycomp

Post by helpfixmycomp »

jsmorley wrote: October 24th, 2018, 5:11 am We are not a company that has "employees". I am one of several developers that work on the Rainmeter project, which is open-source and a community and voluntary effort.
Thank you.
helpfixmycomp

Post by helpfixmycomp »

Well thank you all for trying so hard to fix my problem, but for now I will just stick with my computer the way it is! :thumbup: