It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:54 pm

Advanced CPU monitoring [UPDATED 22/10/18]

Skins that monitor system information
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Advanced CPU monitoring

Post by balala »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:26 pm In the deviant art post. I will add it here as well.
Add it, would be useful, I think.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:50 pm Alright, I hope that was the issue because it's weird that only you got that behavior.
Might be an issue with a version of CoreTemp... I'm on 1.12.1 - [5/20/2108]-64bit
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

BTW, while a value over 100 degrees will not be possible in Centigrade, it will certainly be possible and even likely if they have their CoreTemp set to display in Fahrenheit.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:52 pm Might be an issue with a version of CoreTemp... I'm on 1.12.1 - [5/20/2108]-64bit
Oh right.... I'm on 1.11 [11/4/2017] lol I guess hitting "later" on the update window for a year isn't a good idea after all.
jsmorley wrote: October 21st, 2018, 6:56 pm BTW, while a value over 100 degrees will not be possible in Centigrade, it will certainly be possible and even likely if they have their CoreTemp set to display in Fahrenheit.
good thing I named it beta because it seems that I missed a lot of stuff.... Thanks for that too... I forgot that there's people using Fahrenheit.
I will make it so that it won't throw the usage meter out of the frame even if it's more than 3 digits. (Please don't tell me there's a system where people have 2340 as standar for chili temperatures...)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 21st, 2018, 7:01 pm Oh right.... I'm on 1.11 [11/4/2017] lol I guess hitting "later" on the update window for a year isn't a good idea after all.
Same version for me too.
kyriakos876 wrote: October 21st, 2018, 7:01 pm good thing I named it beta because it seems that I missed a lot of stuff.... Thanks for that too... I forgot that there's people using Fahrenheit.
I will make it so that it won't throw the usage meter out of the frame even if it's more than 3 digits. (Please don't tell me there's a system where people have 2340 as standar for chili temperatures...)
A while ago I had a such discussion (especially with jsmorley) about how do you get the temp scale: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27627&hilit=fahrenheit+coretemp#p143495
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

balala wrote: October 21st, 2018, 7:08 pm
A while ago I had a such discussion (especially with jsmorley) about how do you get the temp scale: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27627&hilit=fahrenheit+coretemp#p143495
Oh nice... I was just looking for this in the forum. You saved me some work. Thanks :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 21st, 2018, 7:11 pm Oh nice... I was just looking for this in the forum. You saved me some work. Thanks :D
It's a quite long topic. Try to read and understand it, but probably won't be very easy. If you have any question, feel free to ask. I'll help you if I can.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

balala wrote: October 21st, 2018, 7:14 pm It's a quite long topic. Try to read and understand it, but probably won't be very easy. If you have any question, feel free to ask. I'll help you if I can.
I read it and understood it I think, but I don't like this kind of approach...
I think I will probably use logic on this one. For example, if the min value in core temp is 30, it can't be Fahrenheit because that's -1 celsius... I don't think a normal people runs their PC at -1 degrees celsius.
It can be faulty for sure, but if I choose my numbers carefully I think I can do it.
For example If MinTemp < 30 then that's Fahrenheit. Even 40 is a good indicator because, again, 40 celsius is 4.4 Fahrenheit which is not common when we talk about CPU temperatures.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 21st, 2018, 7:23 pm I read it and understood it I think, but I don't like this kind of approach...
I think I will probably use logic on this one. For example, if the min value in core temp is 30, it can't be Fahrenheit because that's -1 celsius... I don't think a normal people runs their PC at -1 degrees celsius.
It can be faulty for sure, but if I choose my numbers carefully I think I can do it.
For example If MinTemp < 30 then that's Fahrenheit. Even 40 is a good indicator because, again, 40 celsius is 4.4 Fahrenheit which is not common when we talk about CPU temperatures.
You probably will need a variable, let's name it Fah. It can be Fah=1 if the app (and the skin) measures in Fahrenheit and 0 if it does in Celsius. Then depending on the value of this variable you'll have to create formulas for all needed variables.
However I still think the approach described by jsmorley in the mentioned topic still would be better. But it definitely is your decision.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

balala wrote: October 21st, 2018, 7:28 pm You probably will need a variable, let's name it Fah. It can be Fah=1 if the app (and the skin) measures in Fahrenheit and 0 if it does in Celsius. Then depending on the value of this variable you'll have to create formulas for all needed variables.
However I still think the approach described by jsmorley in the mentioned topic still would be better. But it definitely is your decision.
Oh excuse me if I wasn't clear enough...
I can pull the minimum temperature from the Core temp software, then I can put it in a variable.
Now let's assume the minimum temperature returned is 20. We don't know the scale. Just the number.
Put that in a variable MinimumTemp=20
That number can only be Celsius or Fahrenheit.
If the scale is Fahrenheit it means it's -6,6 degrees Celsius which is impossible (for a normal setup), thus it's Celsius.
So it would be something like:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
MinimumTemp=20
Scale=nothing

[MeasureScale]
Measure=Calc
Formula=1
IfCondition=#MinimumTemp# < 30
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable Scale Celsius]
IfFalseAction=[!SetVariable Scale Fahrenheit]
This a small piece of code. The only thing missing is getting the MinimumTemp variable which can be done by using the CoreTemp plugin. I just haven't check the docs for the syntax yet.
I hope you understand my approach. The only reason I don't like the one suggested in the post you linked, is because somebody might have installed the software somewhere as noted in the thread and I don't want to have the user inputing the location where it was installed.