It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:18 pm

New forum style installed

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New forum style installed

Post by balala »

Brian wrote: October 18th, 2018, 2:46 am PS - If you posted something in the meantime that did not work, you can go back and edit the post and change some text around, and it should work.
Thanks to both of you jsmorley and Brian. Indeed now it's fixed. And I don1t have to go back and edit the post, in my reply above it is fixed, so everything is all right now.
Thanks again.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

balala wrote:And I don1t have to go back and edit the post, in my reply above it is fixed, so everything is all right now.
Actually, I did edit your post to make it display correctly. The phpbb software must parse the post when the post is made...not when viewed. So if there are other posts with snippets with this issue created since we updated the forum, then those will have to be edited.

-Brian
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Brian wrote: October 18th, 2018, 5:24 pm Actually, I did edit your post to make it display correctly. The phpbb software must parse the post when the post is made...not when viewed. So if there are other posts with snippets with this issue created since we updated the forum, then those will have to be edited.

-Brian
Sorry I didn't know and thought that my post was automatically updated. But as far as I can remember, I don't have to go back, because I have no such posts.
Thanks for editing it.
jn_meter

Post by jn_meter »

Hello! I'd appreciate a tip on how to get the dark-mode script working. Where do I put that script? I use Firefox (on, for viewing stuff to do with Rainmeter, Windows).
jn_meter

Post by jn_meter »

@ MikeG621 (?) or anyone

I would appreciate any sort of near-beginner level account of how to make this forum use a dark mode; I have trouble understanding the previous threads within this post. Thanks.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

jn_meter wrote: August 20th, 2023, 1:51 pm @ MikeG621 (?) or anyone

I would appreciate any sort of near-beginner level account of how to make this forum use a dark mode; I have trouble understanding the previous threads within this post. Thanks.
Just get the Dark Reader extension and activate it (you can set it to activate only for a specific site or for every site you visit), it dose an amazing job with Dark Theme-ing PhpBB Forums
jn_meter

Post by jn_meter »

Jeff: thanks. I gave DarkReader a go. Here is what I made of it.

It has a nice logo! Unfortunately I encountered the following problems.
1) I dislike the default colours. (A charcoal background is the most restful for the eyes, not pure black or near pure black.) Though colours do seem changeable. But that takes me to my next point.

2) I find the UI confusing.

3) The extension changed my Firefox theme to one that I disliked and I found no stable way of preventing that behaviour. (That happened on the latest 'release' version of Firefox, on Windows. On Firefox Extended Support Release, also on Windows, the extension did not change the theme.)

I've filed enough bug reports recently, so I won't be doing so for that latter problem. So, I won't be using the extension.
jhsl

Post by jhsl »

MikeG621 wrote: October 16th, 2018, 2:42 pm It's not perfect,
@MikeG621 or anyone,

Has this code^ been refined, since then? :???:

If not & it's still a bit too hack-ish, then;
I guess it's time to plug "phpBB dark/black" into some popular/good CSS & Userscript search engines! :D

Or perhaps this phpBB forum has since been updated, to accommodate dark/black themes?

Thanks all!
MikeG621

Post by MikeG621 »

jhsl wrote: August 26th, 2023, 8:02 am MikeG621 or anyone,

Has this code^ been refined, since then? :???:
No, Greasemonkey installs got blocked on my work computer (gee, for some reason IT doesn't like users being able to run arbitrary Javascript) so I'm using DarkReader now and haven't touched that script in ages. I run Chrome and haven't felt the need to mess with the DarkReader colors beyond setting the global Brightness to +5.