It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:43 pm

New forum style installed

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: New forum style installed

Post by jsmorley »

Active Colors wrote: October 14th, 2018, 5:20 am Capture.PNG
Yeah, it appears that doc code just won't work with the new phpBB 3.2. Disappointing, but oh well. I will explore alternatives.

What it comes down to is a big change in the way BBCodes are parsed by the system in phpBB 3.2. While you can have BBCodes nested in BBCodes like

Code: Select all

[b][strike]Some Text[/strike][/b]
You can't have a BBCode that uses text entered by a user as a part of the code, and have any BBCodes entered by the user as a part of that text. That won't, and can't, work with phpBB 3.2.

That makes the Doc and Back BBCodes we had recently created pretty much useless, and I have removed them from the edit panel.
Jeff

New forum style installed

Post by Jeff »

Rainmeter finally catching along with the time, damn new style looks awesome. Now you just need to fix the logo on the main home page and the whole product will look aesthetically pleasing (for everyone, first time peeps and long time people).

The old style is dead!!!

Time to Stylus a dark mode since I can't find it anywhere in the settings.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Jeff wrote: October 15th, 2018, 5:32 pm Rainmeter finally catching along with the time, damn new style looks awesome. Now you just need to fix the logo on the main home page and the whole product will look aesthetically pleasing (for everyone, first time peeps and long time people).

The old style is dead!!!

Time to Stylus a dark mode since I can't find it anywhere in the settings.
You can try the NegativeScreen program for night viewing. :Whistle

It is not a perfect solution, but until a dark theme is introduced, it does offer some options. :17nodding
MikeG621

Post by MikeG621 »

Yeah, the new theme and PHP update broke my dark theme greasemonkey script. Will have to play a little bit.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

MikeG621 wrote: October 15th, 2018, 8:24 pm Yeah, the new theme and PHP update broke my dark theme greasemonkey script. Will have to play a little bit.
I would be interested in trying it if you can get the script working with the new forum! :)
MikeG621

Post by MikeG621 »

It's not perfect, and I'm sure there's corners of the forum that I normally don't visit that may not be 100%, but it works well enough for me.

// ==UserScript==
// @name			Rainmeter recolor
// @author			MikeG621
// @namespace		http://github.com/MikeG621
// @description		Grey on black, keeping some of the blue in the default phpBB theme
// @version			181016
// @grant			GM_addStyle
// @include			http*://forum.rainmeter.net/*
// ==/UserScript==

var s = 'body, div, p {background-color:#000 !important; color: #777 !important;}';
s += 'li.sticky dd, dl.topic_read dd, li.unread dd, dl.topic_read_hot, li.announce dd, ul.topiclist li , li.header dd {background-color:#000; color:#777 !important;}';	// this is separate just because this is a category of elements
s += '.tablebg, th, .row1, .row2, .row3, tr.row2 .row, tr.row3 .row, tr.row1 .row, #contentrow, td.postbottom {background:none !important; background-color: #111 !important;}';
s += 'div.postbody div.content span, .attachbox {background-color:#000 !important;}';
s += 'dl.forum_unread dt a {background-image: url("https://forum.rainmeter.net/styles/basic/theme/images/forum_unread.png");}';
s += '.topic_unread dt a, .topic_unread_hot dt a, .sticky_unread dt a, .pm_unread dt a, .topic_unread_mine dt a, .forum_unread_subforum dt a {background-image: url("https://forum.rainmeter.net/styles/basic/theme/images/topic_unread.png");}';
s += '.global_unread dt a, .global_unread_mine dt a, .announce_unread_mine dt a, .announce_unread dt a {background-image: url("https://forum.rainmeter.net/styles/basic/theme/images/announce_unread.png");}';
s += '.topic_unread_locked dt a {background-image: url("https://forum.rainmeter.net/styles/basic/theme/images/topic_unread_locked.png");}';
s += 'dl.forum_unread dt div a, .topic_unread dt div a, .topic_unread_hot dt div a, .sticky_unread dt div a, .pm_unread dt div a, .pagination li a, .global_unread dt div a, .global_unread_mine dt div a, .announce_unread_mine dt div a, .announce_unread dt div a, .topic_unread_mine dt div a, .topic_unread_locked dt div a, .forum_unread_subforum dt div a {background:none !important;}';
s += '.page-width {max-width: 1900px;}';
s += 'label, dd, dd label, .postprofile strong, .pagination li.ellipsis span {color:#777;}';
s += '.codebox code {color:#090 !important;}';
s += 'dl.row-item dt .list-inner {background: none!important;}';
s += '.post:target h3 a {color: #226798;}';
s += '.panel-container h2 {color: #2a485d;}';
s += '.button {background-image: none !important; background-color:#111;}';
s += '#message-box textarea {background-color:#222; color:#999;}';
s += 'input.button1, input.button2 {background-image: none !important; background-color: #222; color:#eee;}';

if(typeof GM_addStyle!="undefined"){GM_addStyle(s);}
else if(typeof addStyle!="undefined"){addStyle(s);}
else{
	var n=document.createElement("style");
	n.setAttribute('type', 'text/css');
	n.innerHTML = s;
	document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(n);
}
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I just noticed a small issue with the new site style:

On previous style pieces of Snippets could have been colored (using the Color tags). Now this isn't possible anymore.
For example the middle of following string is colored as it should have to: Snippet. But if I include it into a Snippet: Snippet.
I used many times this feature, coloring the modified parts of Snippets, to highlight them. My question is if this feature could be added back?

Thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: October 17th, 2018, 8:16 pm I just noticed a small issue with the new site style:

On previous style pieces of Snippets could have been colored (using the Color tags). Now this isn't possible anymore.
For example the middle of following string is colored as it should have to: Snippet. But if I include it into a Snippet: Snippet.
I used many times this feature, coloring the modified parts of Snippets, to highlight them. My question is if this feature could be added back?

Thanks
Unfortunately, it appears not. This is not an issue with the new style, but rather a fundamental change in the way BBCodes are parsed in the new 3.2 version of the underlying phpBB software. They are aware of the issue, but show no interest in changing it. We will dig in a bit deeper and let you know what we find out.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I think we are on to something...

Snippet

[Snippet]Sni[color=#FF0000]pp[/color]et[/Snippet]
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Looks like we had to tweak the html being replaced.

Snippet should be working now.

-Brian

PS - If you posted something in the meantime that did not work, you can go back and edit the post and change some text around, and it should work.