It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:31 pm

Gadgets Additions 4.4.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
tjhrulz
Developer

Re: Gadgets Additions v2.0

Post by tjhrulz »

SilverAzide wrote:Big thumbs up! :thumbup:

I just wanted to mention, there is a minor bug in UsageMonitor that is affecting your GPU Usage Monitor skin. In your screenshot, you can see the percentages are all zero (0.00%). Percent=1 does not appear to be working properly; it causes the measures to return zero. I found that you can change to...

Code: Select all

Percent=0
MinValue=0.0
MaxValue=100.0
...to work around this issue until it is fixed. Or just wait for the next beta.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :)
Yeah I can fix GPU not having a max value in the next beta.

However Percent=1 on a Alias=GPU measure is likely not going to give you the result you want.
Percent=1 is for any counter that is not already on a 0-100 scale (Such as CPU which is 0-100*CoreCount or RAM which is a raw value) that has an _Total instance so I know the max value. Without that it ends up being 0 because you can't divide by 0 so you should not have Percent defined (Percent is always by default=0 except when Alias=CPU) or have it be Percent=0.

Edit: Next beta will have it instead just return the value unchanged if it does not have an _Total instance and we have made it more clear now in the docs what is happening. https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/usagemonitor/#Percent
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:Big thumbs up! :thumbup:

I just wanted to mention, there is a minor bug in UsageMonitor that is affecting your GPU Usage Monitor skin. In your screenshot, you can see the percentages are all zero (0.00%). Percent=1 does not appear to be working properly; it causes the measures to return zero. I found that you can change to...

Code: Select all

Percent=0
MinValue=0.0
MaxValue=100.0
...to work around this issue until it is fixed. Or just wait for the next beta.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :)
That is not a bug in UsageMonitor, but a design flaw in perfmon. The issue is that the GPU information is already a "percentage" number from 0-100, but has no _Total instance, so it's a perfect storm, in that Percent=1 won't work since we can assume, but can't know, the maximum value, but you have to manually set MinValue=0 and MaxValue=100 to use the value as a percentage in meters.

We are looking at it...

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/usagemonitor/#Percent
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

tjhrulz wrote:Edit: Next beta will have it instead just return the value unchanged if it does not have an _Total instance and we have made it more clear now in the docs what is happening. https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/usagemonitor/#Percent
jsmorley wrote:That is not a bug in UsageMonitor, but a design flaw in perfmon. The issue is that the GPU information is already a "percentage" number from 0-100, but has no _Total instance, so it's a perfect storm, in that Percent=1 won't work since we can assume, but can't know, the maximum value, but you have to manually set MinValue=0 and MaxValue=100 to use the value as a percentage in meters.
Thanks for all your hard work guys! I'll make these adjustments to my own skins now that I understand the issues. Looking forward to the next beta!
dudebaker

Re: Gadgets Additions v2.1.0

Post by dudebaker »

Thanks for the input!
I was already wondering why I do not get any numeric value out of these measures, only the string but have ignored it cause of the beta-state.

Updated my skins to use this method... and through my "template-system" I could add the scale-fix for the settings button in seconds with touching only one file :D
In this way the user can at least change the scale again back to normal without searching the hidden spot with the mouse or change it directly in the file.

Edit:
What a spawn of the devil rainmeter is... couldn't leave this on me and had to finish this. :D
Scaling is now completely integrated. No more updates for this month :yawn:.
dudebaker

Re: Gadgets Additions 2.2.0

Post by dudebaker »

Next update with many new skins and the adaption to use the pipe instead of the comma for blacklists in the new Rainmeter revision (missed that update).

I don't know what's with me and Rainmeter in the last time...
Starts to be an addiction, if that goes on I maybe have to worry... :sly:
But there's a light at the end of the tunnel... with this update I'm now more or less done with the complete nativ measures/plugin tree of Rainmeter and I don't know what could be added more to extend SilverAzide's suite. :yahoo: (correct me if I'm wrong, or no don't do it :rofl: )
Last edited by dudebaker on August 2nd, 2019, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
dudebaker

Re: Gadgets Additions 2.3.0

Post by dudebaker »

Lesson learned... there's always something to add. :)
But now I have no more room for further skins to showcase them all together - need a new monitor with a higher resolution. :D

Update v2.3:
[NEW] Earthquakes
[NEW] Launcher
[NEW] Power Control
[NEW] Search
[NEW] Search Web
[NEW] Media Control - Spotify
[NEW] Media Control - WebNowPlaying
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets Additions 2.3.0

Post by SilverAzide »

dudebaker wrote:Lesson learned... there's always something to add. :)
But now I have no more room for further skins to showcase them all together - need a new monitor with a higher resolution. :D
Wow! Nice work! :thumbup:
dudebaker

Re: Gadgets Additions 2.3.1

Post by dudebaker »

dudebaker

Re: Gadgets Additions 2.4.0

Post by dudebaker »

Update v2.4.0
Changed the currencies/stocks source to cnbc.com
dudebaker

Re: Gadgets Additions 3.0.0

Post by dudebaker »

Update v3.0.0:
Most importantly I've ported SilverAzides style selection to my suite.
But I didn't stop there, I've added FrostedGlass too in both variations!
Additionally you can change the opacity for each skin individually.
And to round it up there are some new skin: System Info, Surround Analyzer, Waveform Analyzer

Have fun with it :yahoo:
Any feedback is welcome :great: