It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:37 pm

Rainmeter won't download

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
NoblemanPlatypus

Rainmeter won't download

Post by NoblemanPlatypus »

When I try to download rainmeter, i get a message saying that rainmeter has no skin. But i can't download a kin until rainmeter has run?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter won't download

Post by balala »

NoblemanPlatypus wrote:When I try to download rainmeter, i get a message saying that rainmeter has no skin. But i can't download a kin until rainmeter has run?
When you try to download the app? From https://www.rainmeter.net/? I don't think. So, what are you trying to download?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yes, but NoblemanPlatypus talked about a problem when he tried to download Rainmeter, not when tried to install it:
NoblemanPlatypus wrote:When I try to download rainmeter, i get a message
Although (as I said) I can't believe he got that message when he tried to download the app, it's not clear at all what is going on...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote:Yes, but NoblemanPlatypus talked about a problem when he tried to download Rainmeter, not when tried to install it:

Although (as I said) I can't believe he got that message when he tried to download the app, it's not clear at all what is going on...
i get a message saying that rainmeter has no skin
I'll bet you a dollar the problem is Controlled Folder Access. It has nothing to do with "downloading" Rainmeter, he is just conflating "downloading" with "installing".
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:It has nothing to do with "downloading" Rainmeter, he is just conflating "downloading" with "installing".
Good point. Probably you're right, I assumed the same thing in the first moment.