It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:57 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
olenbr

Re: ModernGadgets 1.2.2 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by olenbr »

hey Raiguard, came in just to say thanks on this awesome skin/gadget. after PC meter stopped updating with cpu meter this is the perfect replacement. few things i need help with if you dont mind.

- the bar in meter is so thin, its rather a line than a bar, how to make it thicker? like at least 3-4x
- each bar (example cpu 0 is green), how can i change the temp (38C) and usage (98%) text color to the same as that corresponding bar, to green in this case.
- clock, is it possible to move the clock frequency to above CPU name?

i've tried a bunch of thing by adding stuff in CPU .ini file but of course they dont work, pls help.
ZomglordZ

Post by ZomglordZ »

Is there a way to make the background transparent?
That would make my setup a lot cleaner :D
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

olenbr wrote:hey Raiguard, came in just to say thanks on this awesome skin/gadget. after PC meter stopped updating with cpu meter this is the perfect replacement. few things i need help with if you dont mind.

- the bar in meter is so thin, its rather a line than a bar, how to make it thicker? like at least 3-4x
- each bar (example cpu 0 is green), how can i change the temp (38C) and usage (98%) text color to the same as that corresponding bar, to green in this case.
- clock, is it possible to move the clock frequency to above CPU name?

i've tried a bunch of thing by adding stuff in CPU .ini file but of course they dont work, pls help.
You should be able to move the clock speed simply by cut/pasting it above the CPU name in the code. As for the bars, go to ModernGadgets/@Resources/Settings/StyleSheet.inc and find the barHeight variable. Change it, save, and refresh the gadgets.

The text colors will need to be edited manually. Just add FontColor=#colorCore1# to each Meter, changing the core number in the variable as you go.

If you have any other questions don’t be afraid to ask.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

ZomglordZ wrote:Is there a way to make the background transparent?
That would make my setup a lot cleaner :D
Navigate to ModernGadgets/@Resources/Settings/StyleSheet.inc and find the colorBg variable. Change the 255 at the end to 0. Save the file and refresh the gadgets.
insaneoctane

Post by insaneoctane »

I've been using and enjoying ModernGadgets for awhile...great utility!
I need to PREVENT one of my drives from the drive meter from displaying. My NAS always shows pegged activity, so I'd like to just remove it from the display....how do I do this???
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

insaneoctane wrote:I've been using and enjoying ModernGadgets for awhile...great utility!
I need to PREVENT one of my drives from the drive meter from displaying. My NAS always shows pegged activity, so I'd like to just remove it from the display....how do I do this???
Go into the global setting skin and turn on “Opt-in to development testing”. After a while it should prompt you to download v1.3.0-beta.2, the most recent development version. That version has the ability to hide disks you don’t want to see.
Justux204

Post by Justux204 »

Cant get CPU meter to work :/ using ryzen r5 1600, temperature and fan speed does not work any suggestion?
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

raiguard wrote:You should be able to move the clock speed simply by cut/pasting it above the CPU name in the code. As for the bars, go to ModernGadgets/@Resources/Settings/StyleSheet.inc and find the barHeight variable. Change it, save, and refresh the gadgets.

The text colors will need to be edited manually. Just add FontColor=#colorCore1# to each Meter, changing the core number in the variable as you go.

If you have any other questions don’t be afraid to ask.
hey thanks so much for those needed em pretty bad to customize.

few more questions if u dont mind.
1. what file to change to customize core 1-16 colors? (ie FF421A etc if possible)
2. how can I make load "bar" & info temp/% usage on the right of the bar on same row? (to reduce space)
eg. default
core 1: __ 46C __ 20%
[____Bar Color____]
eg. new
[bar color] 46c 20%

thanks for your help!
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

olenbr wrote:hey thanks so much for those needed em pretty bad to customize.

few more questions if u dont mind.
1. what file to change to customize core 1-16 colors? (ie FF421A etc if possible)
2. how can I make load "bar" & info temp/% usage on the right of the bar on same row? (to reduce space)
eg. default
core 1: __ 46C __ 20%
[____Bar Color____]
eg. new
[bar color] 46c 20%

thanks for your help!
You can change the colors through the settings skin. As for the bars, that would require rewriting them and moving each one individually, which I am not willing to do for you. With a bit of tinkering you could probably figure it out yourself. :)
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

raiguard wrote:You can change the colors through the settings skin. As for the bars, that would require rewriting them and moving each one individually, which I am not willing to do for you. With a bit of tinkering you could probably figure it out yourself. :)
you're right I realize its a lot with subbing in variables so i got a lot going, thanks for the help with colors and stuff. one more question if you dont mind, I manage to get pretty far once its fixed I can just duplicate core 1 and make minor changes.
rainmetercpu.jpg
I got to the above stage but stuck, please take a look i attach the screenshot. I simply replace "core 1:" with bar and worked but how do i center align green bar not horizontally but vertically? if I were to add a new variable(s) what would the name be? (basically i want the green bar to move down so theres black space above and below the bar.

thnx for your time!