It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:01 pm

advanced transparency

General topics related to Rainmeter.
DJ_ones

advanced transparency

Post by DJ_ones »

I have a skin that has a semi-transparent bar. I have several text items that live on top of that bar. What I'd like to do is make the font transparent such that it shows all the way through the desktop background. As it stands, making the font transparent makes it the same color as the semi-transparent bar. Is there a trick to allow the transparent text to go right through other rainmeter elements (e.g. the semi-transparent bar) all the way to the desktop wallpaper? Hopefully that makes sense.

My guess is this feature doesn't exist, but I figure it's worth asking. Thanks for your help.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: advanced transparency

Post by balala »

DJ_ones wrote:My guess is this feature doesn't exist, but I figure it's worth asking. Thanks for your help.
I think you're right. A such possibility doesn't exist. Sorry...
DJ_ones

Post by DJ_ones »

No problem. It was worth asking. Thanks for the reply!
Crest

Post by Crest »

I guess it depends on what kind of text it was. If it was static text then masking it as an image would probably be achievable with Mask Image as you could use the area around the text as the visible portion and knock out the text.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Crest wrote:I guess it depends on what kind of text it was. If it was static text then masking it as an image would probably be achievable with Mask Image as you could use the area around the text as the visible portion and knock out the text.
For static texts this way indeed is possible, however I don't think this would be DJ_ones's need.