It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:21 am

can i change the colour in a skin in ini files

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: can i change the colour in a skin in ini files

Post by jsmorley »

jraju wrote:Hi, can i expect a reply from skin experts
Sorry, reply to what? What is the question?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

The results of your speed test suggest these variable values and I would suggest an off-white color to match the text on your desktop.

Code: Select all

[Variables]
maxDownload=(9.00*1048576)
maxUpload=(0.8*1048576)
color=245,245,245
UseBits=1
Is this what you are asking about?
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi, I saw some skins by you in rainmeter pages.I just copied your script and saved in c:program files\rainmeter\..\skins folder.After that, i saved there with notebook.exe opened as admin. Ok. Then i refreshed the folder that i have created and renamed the text file as ini file and copied the same.
But when i refresh, i could not get it shown in active skins, so that i could execute it. Why?
Is it the fact, that due to my system problem, i had to reinstall windows , and yet to get the service pack updates. I am updating windows updates by 10 at a session, so that i could install updates without much waiting.
Does that because of the fact, that i use 3.3.3 version?
You make me interest in learning simple thinks , so that some gadgets could be prepared. Please expecting your reply, sir,
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jraju wrote:... I just copied your script and saved in c:program files\rainmeter\..\skins folder. ...
If you are using a PORTABLE installation, then that is where they are installed and you should see them in the MANAGE dialog after "Refresh All".

But for a STANDARD installation, all skins are in "C:\User\yourUsername\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins". Then they will show up in the MANAGE dialog, after "Refresh All", for you to load and use.

Note: Installed skins are not always automatically active, you must load them from the MANAGE dialog.

I would suggest reading through the Rainmeter Documentation "Getting Started" so you better understand how things work. It can answer many of your questions and is the best way to learn Rainmeter. :welcome:

I see no reason not to run the latest beta of Rainmeter.
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi, I am having pc version of rainmeter and no portable version.
Pl find enclosed two folders that contain the skins.
I have just copied the Sri Js developer code to a notepad file and saved as txt, and then renamed it as ini file , and refreh in both manage skins and in pc's user folder path you mentioned, but i could not find those folders i created and ini file i copied inside that folder. Would you guide
two folders.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi, Eclectic,
I tried this way to give the while colour you suggested. It works. But please see , what i requested. The JS skin just captures the live download and upload speed of the computer activity. What i want is a different one. Please see my post on picture of my router page, where realtime download and upload speed are mentioned. I want to monitor this changing speed captured from the router.
I do not know, whether your skin script captures the speed from network adaptor. Is it? please
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

From your image, it appears you probably saved the files in the wrong location.
Files you create should be saved in "C:\Users\sarojaintel\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins" folder.

I created a Rainmeter package you can use to install the corrected code into your system. All you need to do is download the attached rmskin file and save it on your desktop (or somewhere you can find it). Then double-left-click the file to have Rainmeter install it in the proper location and refresh itself.

I set the package up so it will load the skin automatically after installing. You can now see it the list of skins in a separate "Network" folder containing "DownUp.ini" file.
saroja2.png
This will get you a working version you can edit if you want to...
saroja.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi, Thanks. I did and it works.
But my question is different. It only shows the download speed if one is downloading and upload speed if any activity is there or uploading.
What i want is to capture the router download and upload stream data on real time basis. In this skin, the speed varies from 3 kb 1 mb ps. But the router status shows a near 10 mb and 1mb speed fluctuating in between them.
I want to capture this data. Could you help me.
Instead of repeatedly logging in to router page and noting the plan speed as router shows in real time, i want to capture this data. As a skin expert, could you help me in this. You could have seen , my feature request post in this skin sub forum .Thanks for caring
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

10mb and 1mb are you maximum download and upload speeds... the skin shows you the active transfer speeds as they happen in real time based on those values set in the [Variables] section of the skin. And it shows you the cumulative total downloaded and uploaded amounts (the refresh button in the center resets those numbers).

Sorry, but I do not understand what else you want?
jraju

Post by jraju »

November 17th, 2017, 1:13 pm
Please see my router page in my reply dated .
I want to capture that data on skin on my desktop, instead of going thro , routine log in to router page and then viewing. I think i made it clear now.