It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:48 am

Files "Not Found" with !Toggle.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JediWarrior

Files "Not Found" with !Toggle.

Post by JediWarrior »

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry for the list of questions over the skin I'm Working on (or trying to anyway}. I thought with the last help from balala over Toggles and Variants I would be able to crack it. But alas it was not to be. The skin is a basic control panel with power and utility options controlled by clickable buttons. There are two variants of the main panel and also 3 variants of a small separate skin that acts as a toggle for the main panel when not in use. I have tried every way I can think of to word the coding for the toggle but I constantly get told by the rainmeter log that the file is "Not Found".
After my last question Balala offered to have a look at the code if I ran into problems again and I'm afraid I'm going to have to take him up on the offer, and anyone else who wants to have a look. Ive attached the .rmskn file and would like to emphasise That it is nowhere near finished and there are bits of code in there that are left from different try's to get it to work, but I've lost myself somewhere and keep hitting a brick wall. Please help if you can and point me in the right direction. One last thing is that there is stuff in the @Resources file that don't appear in the skin, but they're to be included when I get this bit sorted. Thanks in anticipation... :D :D :confused: :confused: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Attachments
Power Pair_1.0.rmskin
(5.89 MiB) Downloaded 26 times
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Files "Not Found" with !Toggle.

Post by balala »

Please try to be a bit more precise when you post a question. For example here is not exactly clear where is the problem: which .ini file should be loaded to get the issue? I suppose Toggles\AtomToggle.ini, but I'm not sure.
Anyway if I'm right and indeed the Toggles\AtomToggle.ini file should be loaded, I'm not sure there really is a problem: for me the icon shows up, when I'm hovering the mouse over it another appears and when I click this one all loaded skins are toggled: they are hidden at first click and shown on second one. Also no error messages in the log.
So, where is the problem?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You cannot !HideFade or !ToggleFade and INACTIVE skin; that is why you are seeing "File not found", the panel skin is not Activated.

As balala posted... I also request more details.

Please explain step by step, what should be seen first, what you want to happen with all mouse actions, and how the 3 toggles are displayed, and how the 2 panels are chosen, and how they all will interact as you see them. :)

I have corrected the toggles and panels to react the way I think they should, but I need to know how you want these skins to interact. :???:

There are many ways to create skins that show/hide info based on mouse actions; I would highly recommend reading this post on "Pages" by Kaelri that explains 4 different ways to have pages of info that toggle based on mouse actions.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:You cannot !HideFade or !ToggleFade and INACTIVE skin; that is why you are seeing "File not found", the panel skin is not Activated.
Since in the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [Blackness] meter of the Toggles\AtomToggle.ini skin we have a [!Toggle * ] bang (together with a [!Show] bang), this should be an issue only if no other skin is loaded, I think. If any other skin is loaded, no matter if it's from the same config or from another one, you get no error message.
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Hi Ecectic Tech and Balala, My apologies for not explaining what I needed properly. The way I wanted it to work was for the user to choose and load which of the Toggles and which of the panels they want to use. I then wanted the buttons to appear in a certain order that I was going to try and do with !Delay and !ShowFade Bangs. Once the user has used the panel I wanted to be able to Toggle it with the Toggle, whether it be the Skull, Atom or Lithium variant. Once toggled I was trying to change the UpdateDividerto -1 to disable the animation when you cant see it. With regards to the Toggles working, I was trying to make them toggle just the panel but I tried them with a " * " just to see if they were working and never got round to changing it back again...Sorry :oops: :oops: I hope that this is enough, if not please forgive and bear with me and thank you so much for your help. :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Here is a modified "PowerPair" (notice NO space in the name) rmskin of your skins. It will install in a differernt folder than your current version, so it will not change anything you have done to your "Power Pair" (notice the space).

I preset the #panel# variable to squarepanel in @Resources\variables.inc
I modified the [Blackness] sections of the toggle skins:
1. You do not need an image file, just set SolidColor=0,0,0,1 on the section to make it invisible.
2. Setting UDD to -1 prevented the animation from running a second time (set it to zero instead). In reality, just hide/show should be enough, changing the updatedivider UDD variable does not stop the loop measure from working.
3. The LeftMouseUpAction will toggle the currently selected #panel# ("pyramidpanel" or "squarepanel") skin.

[Blackness] was modified to:

Code: Select all

[Blackness]
Meter=Image
;ImageName="#@#\Images/Buttons/Blackness.png"
x=0
y=0
h=100
w=100
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
MouseOverAction=[!ShowMeter SkullAnim][!HideMeter Skull][!WriteKeyValue Variables udd 1 "#@#Variables.inc"][!Update] 
MouseLeaveAction=[!ShowMeter Skull][!HideMeter SkullAnim][!WriteKeyValue Variables udd 0 "#@#Variables.inc"][!Update]
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "#RootConfig#\Panels" "#panel#.ini"][!Refresh "#CurrentConfig#"]
I corrected the position of the still ATOM image to match the invisibke [Blackness] section; now the still/animation appear in the same place.

I modified the panel skins only by adding OnRefreshAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Panel "squarepanel" "#@#Variables.inc"][!Refresh "Power Pair\Toggles"] to the [Rainmeter] section of the squarepanel skin and OnRefreshAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Panel "pyramidpanel" "#@#Variables.inc"][!Refresh "Power Pair\Toggles"] to the pyramidpanel skin.

This will update the current panel variable by writing it to @Resources\variables.inc when the skin loads, and then refresh the current toggle skin, so it knows which panel is being used. If the end user has changed the panel used since the toggle skin was loaded this keeps every toggle skin up to date with the current panel selection.

You should be able to select any of the toggles (skull/atom/lithium) and they will toggle the current panel (squarepanel/pyramidpanel).

You can right-click the toggle skin and select the other panel skin; when it loads it will update the included variables and refresh the current toggle skin.

Hope this gets you closer to what you wanted. :welcome:

Have you looked at using Groups? Hint: The "Pages" post I referenced may help... ;-)
Attachments
PowerPanel_0.2.rmskin
(5.89 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Woww. Thank you so much, that is just so what I needed.Seeing it written properly makes my mistakes stick out so much more. Writing your own skin from scratch is very different from editing one that's been written by somebody who knows what they're doing. Anyway Thank You electic tech and Balala for your help with this. I will be sure to mention your help in the "Read Me" file. Take Care... :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Sorry I forgot to say I'm reading the info on groups and pages ATM so hopefully I'll figure out how they can help too.. Thanks for the reminder.... :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

From my part I'm glad to help when I can.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Always glad to help! :welcome: