It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:29 am

Will Rainmeter slow down your pc?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Flawer

Will Rainmeter slow down your pc?

Post by Flawer »

Well, my only consern is if this program slows down your pc? like if it keeps going on in the background or so?
I just dont wanna lose my frames when gaming you know :p

Kind regards
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Will Rainmeter slow down your pc?

Post by balala »

Flawer wrote:Well, my only consern is if this program slows down your pc? like if it keeps going on in the background or so?
I just dont wanna lose my frames when gaming you know :p
I think this question has no precise response. It depends much on your computer and the loaded skins. Eg a visualizer skin, which uses the AudioLevel plugin, can load the CPU, because these skins are well know to be very "hungry", while eg a clock or a CPU usage indicator skin doesn't slow it down.
Usually the more skins have you loaded, the much will them slow down your computer as each of them uses a bit the resources. But a decent computer can handle easily more skins.
Flawer

Post by Flawer »

ok thanks, i have a i7 6700k with gtx 970, i think there should be no problem then i suppose :p
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Flawer wrote:ok thanks, i have a i7 6700k with gtx 970, i think there should be no problem then i suppose :p
A such configuration, unless you have tons of skins loaded, especially visualizer ones, should work pretty decently. Mine, with a somehow similar configuration and 8 GB RAM, has continuously 10 - 12 skins loaded (or many times even more) and has no problem at all. However I don't use visualizer skins.
Flawer

Post by Flawer »

cool, thanks for the reply :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Flawer wrote:cool, thanks for the reply :)
You're welcome. But as I said you have to be careful, because many things depend on how many and what skins have you loaded.