It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:39 pm

[SOLVED] Rainmeter Memory Leak and CPU usage raising!

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [SOLVED] Rainmeter Memory Leak and CPU usage raising!

Post by jsmorley »

Outstanding!
Hyperionlives

Post by Hyperionlives »

i'm actually having a strange issue, kind of like yours. compatibility mode is set to off like yours. rainmeter will run fine for hours, although it gradually increases cpu usage, however after uptime has reached 10+ hours it begins to lag skins that update every second continue to do so however every 3-5th tick of the update lags for a second and then continues, over time this lag gets bigger and bigger. ive done reinstalls, cleaned out the rainmeter.ini and checked different skins with the same outcome. from what i can tell, any skin that measures cpu usage via advancedcpu, coretemp or hwinfo is causing it.
Minvox

Post by Minvox »

This did not help me

I just resorted to force restarting.

My Rainmeter memory would just keep climbing. and still does.. afaik
I'd make a gif but that'd take too much work.. you're here because you googled
Rainmeter RAM Memory leak rising climbing massive ram usage ..or something
well here's what i did about it..

I can only imagine this happens because a failure to dump cached logs..

Shalom interwebs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Minvox

Post by Minvox »

Updated Script

I used two
One bat and one vbs.. I don't know how to do this stuff but this is what i found today that worked through trial and error.
bat makes it happen - the vbs makes it silent

BAT =
taskkill /f /im Rainmeter.exe
timeout /t 1
cd "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter"
start rainmeter.exe
exit

VBS =
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Users\YOURSTUFF\Documents\Rainmeter\Scripts\YOURSAVE.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perpetuum

Post by Perpetuum »

Hello all,

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I just wanted to share what solved this for me. This really frustrated me for a while. I literally just made this account to post this.

First of all I'd like to thank Minvox for his script, as it did help me for a while. However, what fixed it for me was simply installing a portable, 64-bit version of Rainmeter; didn't even uninstall the old one. I don't know why this fixed it, but it did. I used the beta version, but I doubt that makes any difference.

The portable Rainmeter I'm using now seems to top out around 20MB no matter how long I leave it running. Before this, it's memory usage would start skyrocketing as soon as I opened it. It would move at about 2MB/minute and reach well over 100MB within the hour. Just keep in mind that if you do this the same way I did, you'll have to manually install skins from now on (the new default directory should be in your "Documents" folder).

Hopefully this can help someone else in the future.
jeffkirkley

Post by jeffkirkley »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I concur with the most recent post about installing Rainmeter (via the Portable installation method) fixes the memory leak problem in Rainmeter. I too suffered for the longest time with something on my computer causing memory to be consumed over several days. After a week or more of troubleshooting and eliminating various programs, I determined it was being caused by Rainmeter. I even tried disabling things in it and researching via Google -- all to no avail. Until I came across this Post here on the Community forums. I really love the program and feel it has a lot to offer so I didn't want to stop using it. Very, very happy now that I can keep using it and hopefully this information will help others (along with the developers of the code) to fix this problem.

Thanks and happy computing!

Jeff

:17good
Iceman-Miko22

Post by Iceman-Miko22 »

Im using:

[Rainmeter]
Author=Tornado (7themes.su)
Update=500

I simply unload the fan or in your case try to unload on of the skin, the check your task manager if you see any changes.
maybe the problem is one of the skin itself. Having 8GB with NVdia GeForce 1050ti, I shouldn't seeing this High Usage of CPU
It work when I did unload the Big Fan skin.

by the way my personal desktop dont have any problem I'm running it with Win 7 240 SSD with dedicated video card GTS250, percentage of CPU is running from 1% - to 8% maxx.

Thanks.. Hope it help solve yours.