It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:53 am

Need some help here!

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
ChrisxPH

Need some help here!

Post by ChrisxPH »

For some reason, I wanted to download a skin that was a .rmskin file went to a .zip file which I don't know how to extract the file like it's in another folder but inside of it are more files. Please help me :(
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need some help here!

Post by balala »

ChrisxPH wrote:For some reason, I wanted to download a skin that was a .rmskin file went to a .zip file which I don't know how to extract the file like it's in another folder but inside of it are more files. Please help me :(
What browser have you downloaded the package with? I suppose you've used IE, because from my experience, this browser has the tendency to replace the extension of the downloaded .rmskin file, with .zip. Finally doesn't matter too much, here are two methods to use the downloaded file:

Method 1: Simply change back the extension, from .zip, to .rmskin. Then you can double click the file, to install it.

Method 2: Manual installation: in the .zip file you have a Skins folder, along with a RMSKIN.ini and eventually a RMSKIN.bmp file. In the Skins folder you have the needed folder of the skin (the Config). Depending on the package, there could be more folders, but you have to find the folder with the same name as the skin. Extract this folder to the Skins folder on your computer (most probably, but definitely not absolutely, this would be C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/installing-rainmeter/#DefaultFileLocations). Now do a refresh all (eg using the Manage window: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/manage/.

Please let us know if you succeeded.
ChrisxPH

Post by ChrisxPH »

I just realized the skins folder wasn't in the "AppData/Roaming/Rainmeter" folder, that's why I couldn't see the skins folder.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ChrisxPH wrote:I just realized the skins folder wasn't in the "AppData/Roaming/Rainmeter" folder, that's why I couldn't see the skins folder.
:confused: I'm sorry, but I don't see what has this to do with your initial question. :confused: