It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:30 pm

Receieved this earlier today

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
sgtevmckay

Receieved this earlier today

Post by sgtevmckay »

Hello -

After a month or so away from Rainmeter I wanted to be updated on the latest changes. I learned that there was a new version available and an updated Rainmeter website so I decided to check it out. I perused the Rainmeter.net homepage and enjoyed the screenshot gallery of well chosen examples of the power and potential of Rainmeter. Much to my surprise I saw my "Starview" screenshot among the others. Surprised is a bit of an understatement. What business did my theme have being included with the likes of Enigma as a representation of Rainmeter's capabilities?

I do not know if your selection process was/is simply a random method. Nevertheless, I am humbled that my project was included and perhaps would inspire someone to delve into desktop customization via Rainmeter.

I appreciate the efforts being made to breathe new life into the project. Keep up the great work - the effort is not in vain.

Name Witheld
Some things speak louder than others.
For I am humbled as well.

I have sent along a thanks and an invite to the forums.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Receieved this earlier today

Post by Kaelri »

I hope he's able to learn that it wasn't a random choice. Starview is an excellent representation and one of my personal favorites.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

If we do not hear from him in the next few days...i wil send along a link to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I went through our "Share your Creations" forum and found 7 or 8 screenshots that I thought fairly represented the kinds of interesting and diverse things that can be done with Rainmeter and added them to the 3 that we already had running in the slideshow. In no way did I go through every screenshot here and / or other places and try to determine the "best", but simply chose a sampling of creations which I thought were really good and helped demonstrate what could be done with the tool. There are a LOT of great Rainmeter setups out there, more every day.

We can't have more than what I have now without impacting the performance of the site, as it has to "pre-load" the images before it starts loading the site and any more delay would be unacceptable. However from time to time I will swap in / out images with other ones so the site stays fresh and continues to showcase what can be done without becoming boring. It's not "random" by any means, but not a "contest" either. I have no interest in starting something that becomes a competition or ends up hurting feelings. Every Rainmeter skin works right and looks right for someone.

I thought that StarView setup was really nice and showed a lot of creativity. I'm glad the author is pleased we chose it for our site, I'm pleased he shared it with us. It's a great example of how powerful Rainmeter can be with a bit of work and creative talent.
bendenfield

Post by bendenfield »

i just saw that one of mine is in there, too. thank you for that \o/

anyway, if the time should come where it will be possible to put some more to the slideshow, you probably should have a look into karmat's gallery on dA. in my opinion those are the best screenshots of Rainmeter i have ever seen ;)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

bendenfield wrote:i just saw that one of mine is in there, too. thank you for that \o/

anyway, if the time should come where it will be possible to put some more to the slideshow, you probably should have a look into karmat's gallery on dA. in my opinion those are the best screenshots of Rainmeter i have ever seen ;)
I will keep that gallery in mind. My only concern with going outside of what is posted here in "Share Your Creations" is that I can't assume that I have permission to use stuff on devArt and Customize.org in this fashion. Not terribly interested in turning this into some big painful process. If you want to check with Karmat111 and see if she is ok with it, then I will keep that collection in mind for the next time I look to "refresh" what we are using.
karmat

Post by karmat »

Bendenfield, your compliments are awesome, thanks so much! Feel free to use any screenshots that I've posted at http://karmat111.deviantart.com/ I'd be honored.