It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:25 pm

New to Rainmeter

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Dominic235

New to Rainmeter

Post by Dominic235 »

Hi, obviously Im a new guy to Rainmeter. Ive been enjoying the idea of making the desk top better, and hopefully will be learning alot from all of you.
Learning new things = Read the book, try it, NEVER GIVE UP.

If you fail, get up, DO IT AGAIN.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: New to Rainmeter

Post by balala »

Dominic235 wrote:Hi, obviously Im a new guy to Rainmeter. Ive been enjoying the idea of making the desk top better, and hopefully will be learning alot from all of you.
Hi Dominic, welcome aboard.
For sure you will, if you want. Anytime you have questions feel free to come to the forum and ask. Almost anytime you'll find someone, who will try to help you.
Dominic235

Post by Dominic235 »

balala wrote:Hi Dominic, welcome aboard.
For sure you will, if you want. Anytime you have questions feel free to come to the forum and ask. Almost anytime you'll find someone, who will try to help you.
Ive been reading the manual, searching DeviantArt, try a few skins, modify them to the basics I understand so far and really enjoying it.

Working on skin #3, Its part way finished. Basics are pretty easy, now learning how others do the more intricate items will be even more fun.

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Dominic235 wrote:now learning how others do the more intricate items will be even more fun.
For sure it will.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Dominic235 wrote:Ive been reading the manual, searching DeviantArt, try a few skins, modify them to the basics I understand so far and really enjoying it.

Working on skin #3, Its part way finished. Basics are pretty easy, now learning how others do the more intricate items will be even more fun.
Welcome, I know I stayed away from the more complex skins when I first started, then took the plunge. Now I'm at the point of what has not been done.
Last edited by CyberTheWorm on May 12th, 2017, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
Dominic235

Post by Dominic235 »

CyberTheWorm wrote:I know I stayed away from the more complex skins when I first started, then took the plunge. No I'm at the point of what has not been done.
I've downloaded a few skins, try them out...see the code and go "just cool"