It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:35 pm

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
fizik

Re: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by fizik »

mrsalogo wrote:Also if you are working on a patch could you please remove the "Spotify is not running" debug code that was left in the last patch?
+1
Would make life much easier. 8-)
evanvan

Post by evanvan »

Dear All
help me my problem is INVALID TOKEN
Attachments
invalid token.jpg
Dajova

Post by Dajova »

Same thing here, tried 3 different spotify plugins and all says "Unknown" or "N/A"...

SilverDarkBlade

Post by SilverDarkBlade »

Dajova wrote:Same thing here, tried 3 different spotify plugins and all says "Unknown" or "N/A"...

evanvan wrote:Dear All
help me my problem is INVALID TOKEN
literally 3 posts before you explains the dev knows this is happening and is trying to fix it
EVOlutionz

Post by EVOlutionz »

Update broke the plugin... showing invalid token..
Numuruzero

Post by Numuruzero »

Here's my glue and duct tape temporary solution for anyone who can use it. Bear in mind it has plenty of limitations and I'm just a dumbass cobbling this together in between doing my actual job.

This was my solution to get Cleartext working again just for Title/Artist. Just replace or add sections as necessary. The Regex that I used will work for most anything but if the song title has a dash in it. I'm not sure why this is, but I'm still working on it. This solution can be adapted to any rainmeter skin where you want the name and artist.

[mTitle1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WindowMessagePlugin.dll
WindowClass=SpotifyMainWindow
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="Spotify":"Paused","^.*? - ":" ","^ ":""
;Edit: found out that for some reason it was the fact I was replacing with nothing that caused the problem, so a space/blank character is the solution to make songs with dashes work. Updated that above. Second edit: a second replacement to then remove the space means it works just fine. Weird but hey. Update again.

[mArtist1]
Measure=Plugin
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute=" - .{1,}":""

This is the solution I've been using to get the album art working on my Monstercat skin. You could also theoretically adapt this to pull an album name as well, but there's no guarantee it would always be accurate, same as with the album art itself. If an artist has a song on multiple albums, playing that song on any of them will bring up the same album art. As before, add or replace.

[mArtTrack]
Measure=Plugin
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^.*? - ":" ","^ ":""," ":"%20","Ç":"C","ä":"a","$":"%24","&":"%26",",":"%2C",";":"%3B"
;For both of these, just add new characters as the need arises. That's pretty much what I've been doing and most of the time it probably won't come up anyway. Incidentally, it seems to affect accented characters and maybe special characters but there doesn't seem to be any need to replace kanji if that's your thing. Parentheses are fine too. Edit: Added more replacements and some special characters.

[mArtArtist]
Measure=Plugin
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute=" - .{1,}":""," ":"%20","Ç":"C","ä":"a","$":"%24","&":"%26",",":"%2C",";":"%3B"

[ArtUrl]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
URL=https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=artist:[&mArtArtist]%20track:[&mArtTrack]&type=track
RegExp=(?<=640,\s{11}"url" : ").+(?=")
DynamicVariables=1
Download=1
DownloadFile=Album.png

[MeasureCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin
Type=AlbumArt
Res=640
DefaultPath=#@#images\nocover.png
CoverPath=#CURRENTPATH#\DownloadFile\Album.png
Paused=#ShowMonstercatCover#
DynamicVariables=1
;Minor edit to the coverpath so it's just the image itself. I don't know why I had set the way it was, it caused it to reset every time ArtURL checked for the image file. This will fix that and is generally less stupid.

If anyone wants a specific script adapted, ask and maybe ye shall receive. Or just be patient. Clearly, I'm not, so I won't judge either way.
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Update!
khanhas

Post by khanhas »

.raptor wrote:Update!
Really nice! It works now. Thank Raptor.
shoek

Post by shoek »

Thanks .raptor!

PS: if you ever want to make your plugin open source, I'd be happy to help maintain it!
Vetsus

Post by Vetsus »

1.3 spotify plugin still doesn't work for me with spotify v1.0.50.41368