It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:25 pm

Monstercat Vis (AudioLevel), Voicemeeter and multiple sound outputs

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
alucard87pl

Monstercat Vis (AudioLevel), Voicemeeter and multiple sound outputs

Post by alucard87pl »

Hello,

After years of having a bland desktop, I decided to spice it up with a few Rainmeter skins. Among others, I decided to use => Monstercat Visualizer. However, my sound setup is a bit tweaked, because I use a piece of software called Voicemeeter, which lets me set up virtual audio devices for input and output. It lets me dynamically switch between sources and playback devices (basically a mixing board). This setup is insanely effective when streaming.

I currently have a setup, where my default Windows sounds (including games, web browser, etc.) pipe in to one virtual input device, movie files (MPC-HC) into another and music (foobar2000) into yet another. I can then, through software, decide where to play them through (for example, when I'm on teamspeak i pipe everything to my headset, but when I want to watch a movie with decend audio, i pipe only that input to my speaker setup).

Monstercat (AudioLevel, more likely) works mostly ok, assuming the proper input device is set as default in Windows (I use win10, so switching is not a hassle). However, as soon as I switch to the other one and the song in foobar switches, the visualizer goes flat.

Is it possible (and I've googled and browsed these forums, really) to have Monstercat monitor only one specific device's output?

I've tried some of the hints in the AudioLevel documentation as well as read through ActiveColors' AudioLevel troubleshooting, but I cannot figure out how to tweak Monstercat. Is it even possible? If not, what's the point of being able to specify DeviceID's in AudioLevel?

I guess what I'm ultimately after is an "explain like I'm five" tutorial, or for an already hacked version of Monstercat for me to just specify the monitored device.
CyberTheWorm

Re: Monstercat Vis (AudioLevel), Voicemeeter and multiple sound outputs

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Try using https://obsproject.com/ for streaming it has a built in mixer so you don't need to use voicemeter. I stopped using mine when I found that.
alucard87pl

Post by alucard87pl »

Completely besides the point, streaming is only one use case. Besides, you can't capture just one application's sound in OBS, and there are times when I want to mute Teamspeak.
ShadowSider

Post by ShadowSider »

Hey, I have the same problem, and was wondering if you found a solution.
I too have a voicemeeter filtering different stuff at the same time and want a visualizer to specifically show an audio input.

I tried putting in the vis and "ID= " line and trying stuff out but nothing worked and even crashed my pc a few times...
ShadowSider

Post by ShadowSider »

I'm still new to the program and still learning stuff.

The manual show that it's supposed to be a kind of option, but nothing seems to work on my end.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/audiolevel/
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Don't know if you've already read this, however I post the link.
Troubleshooting AudioLevel Plugin
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

ShadowSider wrote:I'm still new to the program and still learning stuff.

The manual show that it's supposed to be a kind of option, but nothing seems to work on my end.
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/audiolevel/
AudioLevel wrote:Note: Only the Type, Channel, FFTIdx and BandIdx child measure options can be changed dynamically with !SetVariable or !SetOption. Parent measure options may not be changed dynamically.
This means whenever the audio device is changed, the skin must be Refreshed in order for the parent measure to work with the new default device.

I do not use Voicemeeter, so I am not sure if this will correct your issue.

But I can switch to my different audio devices, and once the visualizer is refreshed, it responds.
ShadowSider

Post by ShadowSider »

I made it kinda work...
I have 2 visualizer, one for chrome sounds / desktop, and one for MusicBee

Chrome:
[MeasureAudio]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Port=Output
DeviceID={0cf4ceba-b927-4246-b9f1-375c01874852}

It works perfectly and on the image of Voicemeeter B1 and B2 represent an output, my chrome is Hardware Input 2 and without making it an output I can see the visualizer. I can even cut the sound off (the A1 button) and the visualizer will still work while muted. Works great and this is exactly what I want but for MusicBee.

Voicemeeter VAIO (Virtual input);
I need to do:
[MeasureAudio]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Port=Input
DeviceID={31a9bab9-269c-4ece-baa5-9294b58c442b}

Then put B1 for the visualizer to pick it up, if B1 is not on, nothing happens and if I put Output in port it doesn't do anything, the vis just stays idle. It's really weird setup and isn't optimal because i'm wasting an audio bus..
Voicemeeter.png
Attachments
Outs.png
Ins.png