It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:53 pm

2 VisBubbles at once?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
collin.oscopy

2 VisBubbles at once?

Post by collin.oscopy »

I am a super noob when it comes to using rainmeter and a lot of other computer applications. I have been trying to make a new multiple monitor set up and i want to use two VisBubbles. I just cant find anything that will allow to get a second one. Like with Fountain of Color you can make a clone.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: 2 VisBubbles at once?

Post by balala »

collin.oscopy wrote:I am a super noob when it comes to using rainmeter and a lot of other computer applications. I have been trying to make a new multiple monitor set up and i want to use two VisBubbles. I just cant find anything that will allow to get a second one. Like with Fountain of Color you can make a clone.
Install VisBubble once. Go to the Skins folder and rename the VisBubble config (folder) to something else (VisBubble2 or whatever). Now you can install VisBubble once again. After this you'll be able to load both instances of it.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

As an addendum - VisBubble is fairly complex. That means that getting a stereo effect as in a left VisBubble displaying left channel - will be difficult, to say the least - well for me, since I tried, and failed.

As an addendum to the addendum:
Visualisers drain CPU like flushing a toilet :rolmfao:
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

I don think that visualizer separates let/right channels. I think it is just on overall frequencies.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote:Install VisBubble once. Go to the Skins folder and rename the VisBubble config (folder) to something else (VisBubble2 or whatever). Now you can install VisBubble once again. After this you'll be able to load both instances of it.
Just to clarify - make a copy of the VisBubble folder, then rename it in the Skins directory (to whatever name). Refresh Rainmeter (every thing will restart including the PC recognition of the Skins folder and the new dir). You will likely have to manually load the duplicate skin. Save Layout in the Manage Rainmeter hud once you have set everything up. Rainmeter will then load your dual visualiser every time you restart/reboot.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

CyberTheWorm wrote:I don think that visualizer separates let/right channels. I think it is just on overall frequencies.
It can and will - if the correct foundation is laid.
The most basic example of left and right channels:
This Simple EQ