It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:31 am

Help with simple Rain skin.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
BigBossBobRoss

Help with simple Rain skin.

Post by BigBossBobRoss »

Hi everyone. I am very new to this, and am looking to create something pretty simple for my first rainmeter skin. I need help with killall-q's rain effect skin.
I cant figure out how to make the rain fall at a certain angle or between two angles. I need it to be between the 50 and 70 degrees, or if that cant be done falling at 60 degrees.

Any help would be great, thanks :)

The skin can be found here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=17776
Just the normal rain one.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help with simple Rain skin.

Post by balala »

BigBossBobRoss wrote:Hi everyone. I am very new to this, and am looking to create something pretty simple for my first rainmeter skin. I need help with killall-q's rain effect skin.
I cant figure out how to make the rain fall at a certain angle or between two angles. I need it to be between the 50 and 70 degrees, or if that cant be done falling at 60 degrees.
Making them to fall at 60 degrees is pretty simple. You just have to modify a bit the Rain.lua file: replace in the sixth line of the Update() function (SKIN:Bang('!SetOption D'..n..' StartAngle '..WindA)) the WindA variable with 1.04716 (in this case the drops will fall to left) or with -1.04716 (the drops will fall to right) (so use either SKIN:Bang('!SetOption D'..n..' StartAngle '..1.04716), either SKIN:Bang('!SetOption D'..n..' StartAngle '..-1.04716)). This number represents the angle in radians: 1.04716 is equal with 60 degrees, -1.04716 with -60 degrees and as you can guess, positive angles make the drops to fall to left, negative ones make them to fall to right.