It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 10:03 pm

Skyrim Theme Music Player

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
cookingsum

Skyrim Theme Music Player

Post by cookingsum »

Hey there, got a little problem with the Music Player from Axerrons Skyrim theme.
I want to use the Music Player with Spotify but it doesn't work. Only things which are working are the 3 buttons on top for previous/next song or to pause. It doesn't show the album artwork, informations of the played song and the volume bar isn't working.
Never got problems with changing the options for the whole theme since it's very easy to do this. I used iTunes before and everything worked perfectly. I don't know why it doesn't work with Spotify.
fonpaolo

Re: Skyrim Theme Music Player

Post by fonpaolo »

Better if you look at this: Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!
To read the values from Spotify, Rainmeter needs a plugin, unfortunately Spotify is updated very frequently and every new version gives compatibility problems.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skyrim Theme Music Player

Post by balala »

I don't have Spotify installed, but I can say a few generalities about the Axerrons Skyrim suite. Spotify is NOT totally supported in the NowPlaying plugin: according to the Help, Spotify is "Partially supported. Only the types Artist, Track and the bangs Play, PlayPause, Stop, Next, and Previous are available.". This means that the skin should show the title and the artist, but not the album name and either the volume bar can't work (it's not supported).
As fonpaolo said, you should take into account rewriting the code, to use the SpotifyPlugin, which for sure would work much better. Here on the forum you'll get help for this, just have to ask.