It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:32 pm

[WIP] Rain, Matrix Code

Skins with graphics and animations
killall-q

Re: [WIP] Rain, Matrix Code

Post by killall-q »

jumper77 wrote:edit: Is there a way to turn off the rain and just have the lightening?
Paste this into a new skin file to have only lightning.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=25

[mLightningOff]
Measure=Calc
Formula=1
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=[!HideMeter Lightning][!DisableMeasure mLightningOff]

[mLightningOn]
Measure=Calc
Formula=random
UpdateRandom=1
IfBelowValue=1
IfBelowAction=[!ShowMeter Lightning][!EnableMeasure mLightningOff]

[AllocSpace]
Meter=Image
X=#SCREENAREAWIDTH#
Y=#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#

[Lightning]
Meter=Image
W=#SCREENAREAWIDTH#
H=#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#
SolidColor=FFFFFF10
Hidden=1
jumper77

Post by jumper77 »

Hey... thanks a lot. That would be neat. The rain takes up a little cpu time :) I really appreciate it and can't wait to try it.
USING: Rainmeter 4.0 Beta Release
jumper77

Post by jumper77 »

The lightening ini doesn't seem to be working. Does it work on your computer? I made a new file called Lightening.ini and put the code in there. I know it doesn't do it a lot, so is there a way to make the cycles faster? I reduced the update rate, but it seems to have no effect.

thanks again
jumper77

Post by jumper77 »

Ok, got it to work. I used the original ini and just removed the rain part. It's just a hack I'm sure, but I do have lightening now :)
killall-q

Post by killall-q »

jumper77 wrote:The lightening ini doesn't seem to be working. Does it work on your computer? I made a new file called Lightening.ini and put the code in there. I know it doesn't do it a lot, so is there a way to make the cycles faster? I reduced the update rate, but it seems to have no effect.

thanks again
Yes, it works for me.

To increase the chance of triggering lightning, increase the value of "IfBelowValue=" in [mLightningOn]. The "random" variable in the formula ranges from 0-100 by default, so at "IfBelowValue=1" there is a 1% chance per update of lightning.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/calc/
jumper77

Post by jumper77 »

killall-q wrote:Yes, it works for me.

To increase the chance of triggering lightning, increase the value of "IfBelowValue=" in [mLightningOn]. The "random" variable in the formula ranges from 0-100 by default, so at "IfBelowValue=1" there is a 1% chance per update of lightning.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/calc/
Thanks for the help. I changed the value from 1 to 2 and that works out about right. I "really" need to start doing my first skin so I can get to know the ini files more. I'm still in the "what do I write" stage. I'm going to start working on something soon because I'm going to make it a priority. I need to check out the built in plugins so I'll think of something.

thanks again

Edit: Thanks for the link too. I missed it at first
Last edited by jumper77 on October 21st, 2016, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jumper77

Post by jumper77 »

Something else I've been wanting to ask. Is there anything I can do to reduce CPU load? I don't have a lot of memory on my machine and the rain part of the skin makes CPU usage really high. I've used Process Hacker to reduce priority on Rainmeter and it's helps, but it's still too high.

Thanks again
genpip

Post by genpip »

So i'm working with the matrix skin. Loving it. How can i reduce the size of the script and increase the number of columns?
genpip

Post by genpip »

nevermind... i reduced the size of the fonts by reducing the image sizes. I'm uploading my reduced sizes here. Still need help on increasing the number of columns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PedroStephano

Post by PedroStephano »

I now have Matrix, Snow and Rain on my desktop. It looks way too cool. Thanks